Owls better than expected

OWLSSCHS

19 hours ago, twistedsister said:

I dont know what your thinking but i hope your correct. I can almost promise u macon wont beat smith.

I didn't say they would beat SC, just stating they are by far a more challenging opponent this year than Westy and White House, that's all. But I would take note, I do believe Kyle Shoulders will have the tigers back to mauling people sooner rather than later. 

19 hours ago, OWLSSCHS said:

Maybe that makes you feel better about the way Gordonsville has performed in there scrimmages. There is no doubt scrimmages are for getting better and prepared but to think you use them to work on some off the wall offense or crazy defensive scheme is not reasonable. Come on Croz, all I am saying is the Owls seem to be headed in the right direction compared to 8 months ago when it looked like we would do good  to win a couple of games. Heck we may still only win a couple of games but  the program is looking better. The facilities look better, the players are bigger and stronger, and we are finally getting kids that were walking the halls back on the field. Croz, I do cheer for the big blue-- every night except for one.

I agree with you. SC has the most talent this year that they will have for a while, and I like what I've seen from them in the offseason. They will surprise some folks. I'm just saying that teams don't really gameplan to win scrimmages, so my expectations are still tempered. Case in point, when we scrimmaged LA, it seemed that we threw the ball 75% of the time. Will that happen in the regular season? I highly doubt it. Did it affect the results of the scrimmage? I'm sure of it.

8 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Beings that you know me, you're gonna have to give me at least a little clue has to who I'm dealing with here.

I should see you in a couple of weeks when we have our tune up game before we play Upperman..lol. I do hope you guys can give Watertown all they want though.

23 hours ago, OWLSSCHS said:

Maybe that makes you feel better about the way Gordonsville has performed in there scrimmages. There is no doubt scrimmages are for getting better and prepared but to think you use them to work on some off the wall offense or crazy defensive scheme is not reasonable. Come on Croz, all I am saying is the Owls seem to be headed in the right direction compared to 8 months ago when it looked like we would do good  to win a couple of games. Heck we may still only win a couple of games but  the program is looking better. The facilities look better, the players are bigger and stronger, and we are finally getting kids that were walking the halls back on the field. Croz, I do cheer for the big blue-- every night except for one.

Maybe, but the new helmets/uniforms ( from the pictures I've seen) suck.  Maybe the kids like them, but I sure don't. I remember when Anderson changed the helmets to the Michigan look. They sucked then too......

Basic black with a gold SC.  Black/Gold/White jerseys-pants........th way it was meant to be,,,,,,,,,,

1 minute ago, Reynard said:

Maybe, but the new helmets/uniforms ( from the pictures I've seen) suck.  Maybe the kids like them, but I sure don't. I remember when Anderson changed the helmets to the Michigan look. They sucked then too......

Basic black with a gold SC.  Black/Gold/White jerseys-pants........th way it was meant to be,,,,,,,,,,

Isn't the way it's meant to be...

Basic black wilth a yellow C

Black/Yellow/White jerseys-pants?