Page

Pizzpatriot2

Understanding the Patriots are taking a large leap back this year. Couple of transfers in will help but the three kids leaving are going to hurt more. I'm thinking 6-4 this year with a couple of wild-card games. McCurrey will probably have Winchester rolling by the end of the year. Who knows about Summit.?.? I think we take Fairview and Giles doesn't seem to have much. Libscomb is anyone's guess as to what they have or how good they'll be. Centennial and Columbia will be hard games.

Season is close!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Understanding the Patriots are taking a large leap back this year. Couple of transfers in will help but the three kids leaving are going to hurt more. I'm thinking 6-4 this year with a couple of wild-card games. McCurrey will probably have Winchester rolling by the end of the year. Who knows about Summit.?.? I think we take Fairview and Giles doesn't seem to have much. Libscomb is anyone's guess as to what they have or how good they'll be. Centennial and Columbia will be hard games.

Season is close!

Don’t forget Shelbyville.  They have some really big kids on the lines just not a lot of depth.  Young QB might turn out to be something with some experience under his belt.  

14 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Only gonna keep growing. Wouldn't be surprised if Page is 6A down the road

I wouldn't be surprised at all! Hard to believe our humble beginning a couple short decades ago. We are definitely playing big boy ball now and it looks like we are going to be playing even bigger boy football.

The increase in enrollment hasn't really brought us an increase in talent on the field. Though we have gained a few basketball players over the years. Still, talent in the halls and classrooms but just not on the field!

4 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all! Hard to believe our humble beginning a couple short decades ago. We are definitely playing big boy ball now and it looks like we are going to be playing even bigger boy football.

The increase in enrollment hasn't really brought us an increase in talent on the field. Though we have gained a few basketball players over the years. Still, talent in the halls and classrooms but just not on the field!

That's not what I'm hearing at all. I'm hearing that you guys are loaded up this year and are very deep. That's coming straight from one of the assistant coaches to one of my best friends who used to be an assistant coach there. Your QB is a straight baller! I know that much for a fact. Best QB I saw all of last year. 

Edited by Swarm

Page looks very good.  Their offense is going to give people fits.  Combination of Zone Read and RPO stuff.  Just when you think the QB pulls the ball to run on the Read, he flips it out to receivers because they are running routes instead of stalk blocking.  Tough to defend.  They will probably be called for linemen downfield a few times this year, but big play potential.  Defensively, they fly to the football and bring people off the edges.  The 2 time.......2 time transfer RB is a load.

2 hours ago, ocac said:

Page looks very good.  Their offense is going to give people fits.  Combination of Zone Read and RPO stuff.  Just when you think the QB pulls the ball to run on the Read, he flips it out to receivers because they are running routes instead of stalk blocking.  Tough to defend.  They will probably be called for linemen downfield a few times this year, but big play potential.  Defensively, they fly to the football and bring people off the edges.  The 2 time.......2 time transfer RB is a load.

Spring Hill wasn’t a fit for him and I’m sure Page is happy to have him back.  They were 10-2 last year and he still adds a dynamic to their team that wasn’t there previously.  

On 8/14/2019 at 3:10 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Season is close!

McCurry doesn’t have the talent he needs

8 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Spring Hill wasn’t a fit for him and I’m sure Page is happy to have him back.  They were 10-2 last year and he still adds a dynamic to their team that wasn’t there previously.  

For sure. Don't know about the rest of the Johnny's and Joe's but with that QB and that RB they sure have a good start to a dynamic offense. If they could've pounded the rock last year they would have been much more unpredictable. I don't envy the defensive coaches having to prepare for them.