Knoxville Catholic host Brentwood Academy, Oct 3 - ESPN

19 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I checked 5StarPrep and Rivalry Thursday and no news on either site. I guess we need to drop them an e-mail asking about possible switch in game day.

Knoxville Catholic High School web page has a video stating that the Catholic/Brentwood Academy game will be played on October 3rd and it’ll be televised on ESPN2. I would assume that Mark Packer will not move the Rivalry Thursday game. After all ESPN and Fox televise college games on Thursday and sometimes they have big name matchups. 

6 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

Knoxville Catholic High School web page has a video stating that the Catholic/Brentwood Academy game will be played on October 3rd and it’ll be televised on ESPN2. I would assume that Mark Packer will not move the Rivalry Thursday game. After all ESPN and Fox televise college games on Thursday and sometimes they have big name matchups. 

I don't know if he will or not, but the potential viewer numbers for a high school football game in one market are much different from region wide or nation wide college football market potential numbers.  

My question was just that - a question.  I promise you there has at least been some discussion on what options there might be.  That's just basic business.  Sometimes it's easier to give in and change the plan that to be bullheaded and get your teeth kicked in.  

9 hours ago, HTV said:

I don't know if he will or not, but the potential viewer numbers for a high school football game in one market are much different from region wide or nation wide college football market potential numbers.  

My question was just that - a question.  I promise you there has at least been some discussion on what options there might be.  That's just basic business.  Sometimes it's easier to give in and change the plan that to be bullheaded and get your teeth kicked in.  

Good point.

9 hours ago, REBELRON said:

I think Catholic has a shot to beat Brentwood Academy this year.  Look forward to seeing this game. 

They sure do - I watched BA scrimmage Oakland - didn’t learn much from it. BA is  in Catholics head a little bit I think but the game last year was closer than the previous year even though the score was not reflective of this.

Catholic certainly has the athletes this year to do it and home field advantage. BA has its work cut out for them. Both teams should be able to score from what I see. BA is somewhat younger than in recent years. If the defense plays okay they have chance going into Knoxville 

i just do not know how this team will make out . They have many athletes with major D1 offers - linemen - running back - linebackers - safeties 

we will know more in a few weeks - just not ready to go out on a limb either way.

On 8/17/2019 at 5:35 AM, QSouth89 said:

Bishop may even bring out the new whip for a spin around that nice track in support of his boys for this one, Q

Booger just sayin image.jpeg.b031473ee7bb524eefa623a5bd86f8d0.jpeg

Edited by Booger

On 8/16/2019 at 9:22 AM, HTV said:

Wondering if the Thursday Night Rivarly game scheduled for that night might be moved to Friday or Saturday?  No way Bearden and HVA can compete with Catholic/Brentwood Academy for viewers.  

i was thinking the same thing.  I would not be surprised at all if Rivalry Thursday picks up another game or cancels Bearden and HVA.  

19 hours ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

They sure do - I watched BA scrimmage Oakland - didn’t learn much from it. BA is  in Catholics head a little bit I think but the game last year was closer than the previous year even though the score was not reflective of this.

Catholic certainly has the athletes this year to do it and home field advantage. BA has its work cut out for them. Both teams should be able to score from what I see. BA is somewhat younger than in recent years. If the defense plays okay they have chance going into Knoxville 

i just do not know how this team will make out . They have many athletes with major D1 offers - linemen - running back - linebackers - safeties 

we will know more in a few weeks - just not ready to go out on a limb either way.

Catholic was very young last year and if memory serves me correct they started  6 freshman in that game.  The major difference with Catholic this year is their depth.  Those freshman developing and gaining some more experience helps too.  I think it'll be a more competitive game.