Greeneville @ Powell

DevilMan03

2 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

They have weapons at wide receiver. But you have to have time to throw them the ball. They have 2 kid's on the outside that run 4:4 forty"s. And one is a sophomore. The kid that beat Fulton deep on 2 long touchdown passes. Is the sophomore he is a legit 4:4 hard to look down the field when you are running for your Life. Most teams in 4A do not have the front 7 that Powell has. I suspect you will see this as the year progresses

Yea and he caught those a on kid from Fulton who has  hamstring issues  .. and cant run like he is accustomed but the  Soph  ran a nice route and caught the ball .. where was he last night ??? 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

Tad I have been going to Greeneville Games since the late 70"s and have been to most all in the last 10 year's. This is not the worst team  as you said. They are better than the 2012 team by a country Mile. And better than the 2014 team as well. 

you might be right about 2014 ... thats when Sully South beat yall and then Sully South came to Fulton and got hammered ...  

4 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

I completely disagree.  Powell was not definitely the better team. The game goes down to the wire.  Greeneville did have a TD called back in the game if I remember correctly. However, a win is a win and Powell won simple as that.  Either way that little ole 4a school from Greene County was right there toe to toe with that 5a down in Rocky-Top...  I think you only make those comments because you’re jealous of the success Greene has had.  Oh, and I almost forgot to ask you Tadvol. How's your team finished the last 2 years and the last decade??  Please let us know.  Greeneville will be ready come Cookeville time!  Where will you probably be during that time, probably still on here making your same old comments.  

Powell looked as good as advertised.  They should make a great run this year, but they are going to have to go through some other strong teams - Knox Central, Oak Ridge, and don’t go to sleep on South Doyle.   Congrats again to Powell and good luck with the rest of your season.

OH  .. the last decade  we won 3 state titles ..   we are on a down turn  ..admit that but it is what it is .. they are down  .. but Im telling you that aint the same Greenville team Im accustomed to seeing  .. they lost alot ..and Im talking more than players ..... 

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

One point I agree with and the other points you are oblivious Tadvols and should have watched the entire game instead of switching over to baseball.

I agree that it was a Sloppy game on both sides and thats about it with what you said.

You say Powell was definitely the better team which if you watched the entire game you would have seen the game could have went either way and Greeneville had a change to win it with less than a min to go in the game.  Both teams were evenly matched (Total Yards for Greeneville 229 vs 226 for Powell. Powell threw the ball for 114 yards on 17 passes and Greeneville threw the ball for 114 yards on 17 passes.  Powell rushed the ball 40 times for 112 yards compared to 41 rushes by the Devils for 115 yards) you can't be more evenly matched than that.

I wouldn't say Greeneville has lost their toughness when you saw the fight in that team that could have folded up after fumbling the ball on their first drive of the 2nd half inside their own 5 yard line for a quick Powell Score and going down 12 to 3.  After the Half the Greeneville D only gave up 62 total yards of offense 

So Powell goes to the semi's at state at worst but now this is Greeneville's worst team you think in over 10 years?  What does that say about Powell or 5a football then?

Says 5A is down this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

Yea and he caught those a on kid from Fulton who has  hamstring issues  .. and cant run like he is accustomed but the  Soph  ran a nice route and caught the ball .. where was he last night ??? 

He caught them on 2 different Fulton DB's not the same DB.  He was out there starting but its hard to get the ball to a wr when your QB is running for his life the entire game. The one deep ball to him he was getting held right in front of the sideline ref.  Like i've said multiple times we have to step it up on the O line (4 new starters).  Championships are won in the trenches and our O line got whipped as a unit last night no sugar coating it here.  They will get better as the season goes along but i doubt they see the same kind of front 7 in any other team they play this year since Powells front 7 all started for them last year.

39 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

OH  .. the last decade  we won 3 state titles ..   we are on a down turn  ..admit that but it is what it is .. they are down  .. but Im telling you that aint the same Greenville team Im accustomed to seeing  .. they lost alot ..and Im talking more than players ..... 

In the last decade - Greene 5 state championship appearance and with 4 Gold balls. #6 coming in 2019 :) 

You are what people call a Troll on these boards and someone who doesn't know football.  You said that it come down to QB play and that Powell's QB was better than Gregg at Greeneville and stats show other wise.  So Greeneville is going to have a down year so what does that say about Powell when both teams were evenly matched? (You take a dig at us when it's a dig at your own team too).  They have plenty of weapons at WR on the outside but you have to have time to get the football to them.  I said it would come down to line play and Powell had better line play last night against our O-line.  Take Greeneville's starting o-line off last years team and the game last night would not have been close even without Cade, Dorien, or Hite. (any educated football fan that saw Greeneville's line last year would agree)

Like I already said before Congrats to Powell on the tough win and I hope you make it to Cookeville.  As for you, educate yourself before you try to Troll someone who has more football knowledge in my pinky than you do in your entire body:thumb:

LOL....Okay, first I never said Powell had a better 

You are what people call a Troll on these boards and someone who doesn't know football.  You said that it come down to QB play and that Powell's QB was better than Gregg at Greeneville and stats show other wise.  So Greeneville is going to have a down year so what does that say about Powell when both teams were evenly matched? (You take a dig at us when it's a dig at your own team too).  They have plenty of weapons at WR on the outside but you have to have time to get the football to them.  I said it would come down to line play and Powell had better line play last night against our O-line.  Take Greeneville's starting o-line off last years team and the game last night would not have been close even without Cade, Dorien, or Hite. (any educated football fan that saw Greeneville's line last year would agree)

Like I already said before Congrats to Powell on the tough win and I hope you make it to Cookeville.  As for you, educate yourself before you try to Troll someone who has more football knowledge in my pinky than you do in your entire body:thumb:

LOL...Never said Powell had a better QB than Greeneville.  What I said was it would come down to QB play in my opinion.  Then I said Powell QB plays good at times and Greeneville's QB is in his first start for Greeneville.  I actually thought the QB for Greeneville was better last night.  Greeneville made mistakes that Greeneville doesn't and hasn't made in the past.  Penalties, blocked punt, fumbled snap (both blocked punt, and fumbled snap were inside the 25 and led to TD'S) are some of the things that killed Greeneville last night.  They are going to be tuff for sure in 4a.  If they can develop a consistent passing game to go along with the POWER run game, I think they have a real chance to get back to Cookeville.  

42 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

LOL...Never said Powell had a better QB than Greeneville.  What I said was it would come down to QB play in my opinion.  Then I said Powell QB plays good at times and Greeneville's QB is in his first start for Greeneville.  I actually thought the QB for Greeneville was better last night.  Greeneville made mistakes that Greeneville doesn't and hasn't made in the past.  Penalties, blocked punt, fumbled snap (both blocked punt, and fumbled snap were inside the 25 and led to TD'S) are some of the things that killed Greeneville last night.  They are going to be tuff for sure in 4a.  If they can develop a consistent passing game to go along with the POWER run game, I think they have a real chance to get back to Cookeville.  

"Powell QB can be very good when on, and Greeneville has a new QB playing in his first game.  The team that wins will be because of QB play and decision making."  The team that won had nothing to do with QB play but was won in the trenches (Exactly like I said would win it).  I don't see Greeneville facing a better front 7 than Powell the rest of the season since Powell returned the front 7 from last year that held some high scoring teams to lower than avg scores.  Passing game will be fine but hard to get something going with your QB running for his life most of the game (When he had time his throws were on target).

Yes Greeneville turned the ball over an unusual amount of times (I think the weather had something to do with it) because Albright (The #1 long snapper in the country) shouldn't be snapping it low on punts and the our ball boy kept trying to run balls in to keep them dry.  Both teams had a ton of penalties, both teams will be fine and do good this year.  I'm not going to lie,  It was fun to see a good football game because over the last 2 years almost all have been blow outs