Greeneville @ Powell

DevilMan03

4 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

There’s more than just Youngblood.   Albright, Izze, Gudger, Harrison, Jayden, Carter, and some new names that you will hear of.

GREENE 28

Powell 3

Love to see that but the Devils will have to bring a lot more then I seen last week to get it done .On paper we are still loaded and I hope it works out that way.Right now,I'd take a  15-14 ugly "W" over a very good Powell team.

58 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Love to see that but the Devils will have to bring a lot more then I seen last week to get it done .On paper we are still loaded and I hope it works out that way.Right now,I'd take a  15-14 ugly "W" over a very good Powell team.

I don’t see any reason to fret over a scrimmage. I think sometimes too much emphasis are put on them as far folks trying to predict how their team will play in full blown live game.  I watched a couple of them and either of the teams didn’t really show much from what I seen, and a lot of rotation of players going in an out of the scrimmage.  Last year some folks said the same thing about the Fulton scrimmage. Yea, we know this years team is not like last years, but it’s gonna be alright, alright I say. We’ll miss some of the guys from last year team more than what we’re probably thinking, but I believe folks are going to see more from this year’s team rise up than what’s been seen or heard thus far come 8/22.

Powell has a great team no doubt, but I’m ALL IN on this game and Greene takes care of business and leaves no doubt.  If I am wrong, then I’ll take it on the chin and eat some of that Powell crow :)   

Edited by Romansfive8

32 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

I don’t see any reason to fret over a scrimmage. I think sometimes too much emphasis are put on them as far folks trying to predict how their team will play in full blown live game.  I watched a couple of them and either of the teams didn’t really show much from what I seen, and a lot of rotation of players going in an out of the scrimmage.  Last year some folks said the same thing about the Fulton scrimmage. Yea, we know this years team is not like last years, but it’s gonna be alright, alright I say. We’ll miss some of the guys from last year team more than what we’re probably thinking, but I believe folks are going to see more from this year’s team rise up than what’s been seen or heard thus far come 8/22.

Powell has a great team no doubt, but I’m ALL IN on this game and Greene takes care of business and leaves no doubt.  If I am wrong, then I’ll take it on the chin and eat some of that Powell crow :)   

I hope your right .Myself,as long as the team is clicking come playoff time, is what matters the most.I believe it was an early game against MW a few years ago that made a lot of fans think it might not be another awesome year.Ended up being pretty dang good.

Edited by BatmanDevil

8 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

There’s more than just Youngblood.   Albright, Izze, Gudger, Harrison, Jayden, Carter, and some new names that you will hear of.

GREENE 28

Powell 3

No way does Powell only score 3. Game will be decided by less than 10 points if there are no injuries and both teams play like they can. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

I am a fan of Greeneville and have been going back to the Alcoa and Greeneville battles. But, what Coach Lowe is building by at Powell is going to be one of the top teams in 5A. Greeneville will be a great team again,  but not what they where the last couple of years. No, way Greeneville wins 28-3. This will be a much better game than that !

• Like 1

This is a extremely tuff opener for the Devil's. On the road at one of the picks to be around at the end in 5A. Just need to play clean football no turnovers. And have to play better up front on both sides of the ball than they did in the scrimmages. Also hope for some new Thing's on offense some of what they did in the passing game last year will not be the strength of this year's team. If the line blocks long enough to get the passes off. GHS has the receivers to make the difference. They must use the middle of the field more. And not rely on the bubble screen. 

Greeneville's bubble screen looked pathetic against DB a few days ago.   Of course it was just a scrimmage, maybe the Devils were playing band members and a few cheerleaders instead of the 1's.   Whoever it was, they just did not have the same intensity as past Devil's teams.      Maybe that was all sandbagging so that teams like Powell go in overconfident.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Greeneville's bubble screen looked pathetic against DB a few days ago.   Of course it was just a scrimmage, maybe the Devils were playing band members and a few cheerleaders instead of the 1's.   Whoever it was, they just did not have the same intensity as past Devil's teams.      Maybe that was all sandbagging so that teams like Powell go in overconfident.

Expect to see a lot of new things Thursday night. Hammonds has been holding them back. As he was quoted on 5starpreps saying that