Milan @ Peabody (Thurs Night 7:00)

FightingBlue0

17 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Can someone from Milan please tell me why Milan High School is refusing to presale tickets for their fans to the Peabody game on Thursday night? It makes no sense as to why they would like to make things harder for their fans. It should be noted that I am told that Peabody offered Milan the opportunity and they refused.

They are selling at Bank of Milan in Milan. 

6 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

This game will probably be a replica of Milan @ Peabody in 2012. First game of the year for Peabody under new head coach Joe Gaddis. Milan went on to win by 1 point in OT that night but Peabody gained tremendous respect from the Milan faithful after that game. People were standing 3-4 rows deep along the fences across that stadium. I don’t think everyone made it into the stadium until halfway through the 2nd quarter. Peabody has a big & open facility so you know there is a crap ton of people if that place gets filled up. 

It was like 5 to 7 thousand that night wasn’t it 

5 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Easily.. And thats with me not posting my usually banter at that!!! And yep for sure tailgating !!!

Send me a pm and I’ll shoot you my phone number. I live off the hwy between Bradford and Trenton. Would like to come by and visit with you guys before the game. This way we can touch base the day of the game. 

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Anxious to see what Milan’s will look like once redone. I don’t want turf in Milan although I understand why people want it and won’t be too upset if they do. That decision should be made soon. 

I don't know if they should get turf or not but what I do know is they've got to do something about that crown on the field. You got to be a goat to go sideline-to-sideline there.

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I would argue that Dyersburg’s is better but that is just my opinion and both are clearly top notch. 

I give Peabody the edge simply for the fact that the stands at Dyersburg on both sides are rather flat to me. What I mean by that it is a low-rise. This stands on the home side at Peabody offer a much better view as they are a bit steeper. Your view from the top row at Peabody is a much better view than your view from the top row at Dyersburg. Plus, being in the media I believe Peabody has the best and most media-friendly Press Box for high school sports in West Tennessee.

Edited by ReitzFan

10 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

I don't know if they should get turf or not but what I do know is they've got to do something about that crown on the field. You got to be a goat to go sideline-to-sideline there.

I love having that crown. Tucker and Morris both took advantage of it over the years. They would line up I formation and run down hill into the defense when ever they could. Huge advantage for a smash mouth run team.