Milan @ Peabody (Thurs Night 7:00)

FightingBlue0

13 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

I give Peabody the edge simply for the fact that the stands at Dyersburg on both sides are rather flat to me. What I mean by that it is a low-rise. This stands on the home side at Dyersburg offer a much better view as they are a bit steeper. Your view from the top row at Peabody is a much better view than your view from the top row at Dyersburg. Plus, being in the media I believe Peabody has the best and most media-friendly Press Box for high school sports in West Tennessee.

I see your point. I guess it all depends on your perspective for watching the game. 

54 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

I give Peabody the edge simply for the fact that the stands at Dyersburg on both sides are rather flat to me. What I mean by that it is a low-rise. This stands on the home side at Dyersburg offer a much better view as they are a bit steeper. Your view from the top row at Peabody is a much better view than your view from the top row at Dyersburg. Plus, being in the media I believe Peabody has the best and most media-friendly Press Box for high school sports in West Tennessee.

Go cover a game at Nolensville. I know they are not west tn but we had hot food, cold drinks, private bathrooms, and a person to help us with anything that we needed......   It was unbelievable.

1 hour ago, PHSRollTide said:

It was like 5 to 7 thousand that night wasn’t it 

I don’t know the exact number but it was the most I’d have ever seen it there. Now I haven’t been to a game at Peabody in quite a few years so there may have been a game top that in attendance. I know I wish I was getting a percentage of the gate for this Thursday night :mrgreen:

4 hours ago, Milanfootballislife said:

Do any of the Peabody folks know if fans can bring lawn chairs? I personally pace during games but having somewhere to sit would be nice. There is going to be NO ROOM. 

Also Milan is informing their fans of 3 different ways to purchase tickets in advance. Purchase at Bank of Milan, Peabody High School, or purchase online. 

BPM don’t forget about me...my post got buried quick! Lol I saw you at the game Friday night and was gonna say hey but you were in a deep discussion regarding stadium rebuild. :)

10 minutes ago, Milanfootballislife said:

BPM don’t forget about me...my post got buried quick! Lol I saw you at the game Friday night and was gonna say hey but you were in a deep discussion regarding stadium rebuild. :)

Lol!!  I hear ya. Feel free to interrupt any time. If you can’t tell I’m excited. About stadium upgrades. The kids deserve a facility they can be proud of and it’s loooooong over due. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

15 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I don’t know the exact number but it was the most I’d have ever seen it there. Now I haven’t been to a game at Peabody in quite a few years so there may have been a game top that in attendance. I know I wish I was getting a percentage of the gate for this Thursday night :mrgreen:

That’s the biggest crowd I’ve seen at the new field and I have only missed like 10 games since 2012

3 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

That’s the biggest crowd I’ve seen at the new field and I have only missed like 10 games since 2012

I watched all of the games last year on the live stream & they talked about how packed out the homecoming game against GC was. I’m not sure how it compares to 2012 Milan & Peabody tho. I will go as far to say that that game is what truly turned the Tide. Cliche I know but it’s true. Peabody went on a run after the 2008 season of very average years & some below average. With the departure of Kent Scott & the arrival of Gaddis, Peabody had something to look forward to & get excited about. I’m not sure how much confidence & faith the Trenton community had in their football team at the time of that upcoming season in 2012 but they soon realized how good their football program could be after they went toe to toe with Bulldogs. Ever since then, Peabody has consistently been a top tier team in their classification. I think a small percentage of that success can be contributed to Milan too. Hear me out on this one... Milan spent quite a few years of bashing Peabody in & everyone that knows about their rivalry knows that Trenton folk knew they were going to take a butt whooping when they had to suit up against Milan. I think after quite a few years of taking some rear end smackings & at best average seasons, the community expressed their angst & the people in charge finally started to realize what was going on. Therefore a change was made & the kids that were a part of that 2012 football team helped propel Peabody football to where they are now. Should be a dandy of a game Thursday night. If it is live streamed again like they were all last year, I’ll be watching. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

Look who is suited up and practicing !!! 

Every Pups Nightmare

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE 20190819_194309.thumb.jpg.bd155958485087621cf9cd2654d31963.jpg

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I watched all of the games last year on the live stream & they talked about how packed out the homecoming game against GC was. I’m not sure how it compares to 2012 Milan & Peabody tho. I will go as far to say that that game is what truly turned the Tide. Cliche I know but it’s true. Peabody went on a run after the 2008 season of very average years & some below average. With the departure of Kent Scott & the arrival of Gaddis, Peabody had something to look forward to & get excited about. I’m not sure how much confidence & faith the Trenton community had in their football team at the time of that upcoming season in 2012 but they soon realized how good their football program could be after they went toe to toe with Bulldogs. Ever since then, Peabody has consistently been a top tier team in their classification. I think a small percentage of that success can be contributed to Milan too. Hear me out on this one... Milan spent quite a few years of bashing Peabody in & everyone that knows about their rivalry knows that Trenton folk knew they were going to take a butt whooping when they had to suit up against Milan. I think after quite a few years of taking some rear end smackings & at best average seasons, the community expressed their angst & the people in charge finally started to realize what was going on. Therefore a change was made & the kids that were a part of that 2012 football team helped propel Peabody football to where they are now. Should be a dandy of a game Thursday night. If it is live streamed again like they were all last year, I’ll be watching. 

Great post !!! Thanks I enjoyed the read !!! And they are still live streaming in HD on .5 digital aka news talk 101.5

9 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

It will be our pleasure to help your program improve some more and give you guys another rear end smacking Thursday night!!!