Milan @ Peabody (Thurs Night 7:00)

FightingBlue0

25 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Two things

1. I’m glad I didn’t come because it was never a game it sounds like. 

2. Pity anyone who gets in Peabody’s way. 

You know last years game was close but honestly lasts years game could have went the same way as tonight 

Trenton was clearly the better team.  Our schemes were on point.  Our coaches coached like Bill what his name tonight.  They were superb.  If we stay healthy.  If Cooper and the gang stays healthy, no one will beat us in 2A.  I said earlier, it would be about preparation.  No one prepares like Peabody's coaching staff.  Milan will be okay, but Trenton is in their NEXT!

Milan just look ill prepared. They’re going to be a good team that will just have to keep grinding away week after week to get better. Peabody looked stellar. You could tell they still had some early game stuff that needs to be cleaned up but overall they were impressive. The QB can be dominant. Any of the RBs are hard down hill runners that are always falling forward. WR is stacked. If #7 gets any kind of edge he is gone in the blink of an eye. TE is a solid athletic player. & on the OL they looked dang good. They were whipping Milan most of the night. Peabody reminds me a lot of Dresden’s championship team in 2016

2 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Milan just look ill prepared. They’re going to be a good team that will just have to keep grinding away week after week to get better. Peabody looked stellar. You could tell they still had some early game stuff that needs to be cleaned up but overall they were impressive. The QB can be dominant. Any of the RBs are hard down hill runners that are always falling forward. WR is stacked. If #7 gets any kind of edge he is gone in the blink of an eye. TE is a solid athletic player. & on the OL they looked dang good. They were whipping Milan most of the night. Peabody reminds me a lot of Dresden’s championship team in 2016

But you said Peabody was going to get beat by Milan by like 2 touchdowns 

7 hours ago, Tide21 said:

But you said Peabody was going to get beat by Milan by like 2 touchdowns 

Listen man, at no point was I ever saying Peabody wasn’t good or that Milan was going to be a better team. All I was saying is that I felt like maybe Peabody would still have some championship hangover & Milan would come out more motivated considering that they had been beaten by Peabody the last 2 years. That was just my feelings. I still would’ve thought Peabody was the better team even if Milan won. I’m all for Peabody 

edit* & I will add I only thought Milan would win 34-30. That’s definitely not 2 TDs 

Edited by FightingBlue0

7 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Milan being ill  prepared is going to be a common theme going forward

8 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Covington and Northside would get smoked by Trenton. Haywood can match up with them Jimmy’s and Joe’s. Henry May can but have the best chance to match their coaching. Trenton has great players with great fundamentals, great coaching and great community support. No weaknesses. 

Bigpurplemachine man what kind of mess is this? You fellars started practice early and everything and still got the mess beat out of you.  I garuntee I aint joking either. 

7 hours ago, BLACKFRIDAY said:

I don't blame Milan for trying to out athlete Peabody, Milan does have more athletes.

3 fundamental problems:

Coaching - Peabody is better. I would put that staff up against any in Tennessee. Vols included.

Attitude - I actually heard a kid from Milan talking trash to Peabody fans going into half. (Down by 4 touchdowns) These kids don't understand nobody is afraid of Milan anymore. They have to earn their respect.

Continuity - Milan has had a revolving door of coaches for a few years now. What gives?

Morris was there for 22 years as Head Coach and Pettigrew is in his second year as Head Coach and was DC for 7 years prior.   What revolving door?  Assistants?   That true of many programs.   Success provides opportunities for assistants.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Morris was there for 22 years as Head Coach and Pettigrew is in his second year as Head Coach and was DC for 7 years prior.   What revolving door?  Assistants?   That true of many programs.   Success provides opportunities for assistants.

We had 1 assistant leave last year and the middle school coach retired. That is all. He is right with a lot of his comments but off base on that one. 

• Upvote 1