Milan @ Peabody (Thurs Night 7:00)

FightingBlue0

12 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

That’s what happens when you come out and smack a team in tha mouth! After the second series for Milan they were hanging their heads!

Well everyone was telling 15 to 18 years old they was superior athletes and so and and so forth !!! This is 100 percent on the head football coach !!! What folk misunderstand about Peabody is some of you vf1 not included take my banter and others as our teams " attitude" I promise you its polar opposite if you judge us by hype videos then really watch them, what is said, what is excpected and so on !!! Now do we have 290 lb linemen that can move yep, and a bunch of em, do we have lightning for some skill players yep, do we have a 225 hb that can juke you outta your shoes yep again, but first and foremost we have young men that are coached up in ball and more inportantly life and take that to the bank " for a security bank first down !!!!

RTR

B2B

FEAR THA TIDE

2 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

We hit them in the mouth early and often.  This loss should make Milan better.  They have the tools but the offense has got to get better and the Defense has to improve also.  But all fairness to Milan, Peabody is going to make most teams look bad.

I really wan to see that matchup again with healthy athletes on the field.  Did you all lose your QB for the year.  I surely hope not.  If you do not want to answer that last question, I understand.

Yea we did he is starting QB at CC in Mississippi. But the back up that finish the game against Peabody #6 is the starting QB the entire offense is different we have new starting QB and new head coach also the starting RB from last year that was kicked off the team is back this year and his style is a lot like you'll #4 he is 6’2 listed at 185 but more like 6’2 200.

8 minutes ago, RTD said:

Yea we did he is starting QB at CC in Mississippi. But the back up that finish the game against Peabody #6 is the starting QB the entire offense is different we have new starting QB and new head coach also the starting RB from last year that was kicked off the team is back this year and his style is a lot like you'll #4 he is 6’2 listed at 185 but more like 6’2 200.

Do what? I don’t think that came out like you planned it. Maybe throw a period in there somewhere.

Edited by MayoBottomHermit

2 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

Let me give my opinion on athletes.  They are not always BLACK.  Milan's defense is almost completely made up of African Americans.  So does that make them more athletic than Trenton?  Milan's kids look the part because of their physical statue but by no means are they more athletic than Peabody.  We made them look slow last night.  Why?  because of how we went about preparing for this game.  Peabody was coached up last night and that makes for a quicker team.  It also takes guts, intelligence and heart to win and that is what Peabody has.  I am sure Milan has some intelligent players with guts and heart but last night it was all Trenton.  The score was not as bad as the game was.  We were very dominant.

The highlighted part of your post was the biggest difference in the game. The commentators were saying over and over how Trenton's offensive and defensive lines were blowing Milan off the ball (and they were)… I thought that the reason was Peabody's linemen knew exactly what their assignment was and how to execute it on both sides of the ball, and the Milan guys were guessing at best. You're not only a step quicker if you are sure where you're going, but lot's easier to push around if you're not. Technique and recognition matter just as much up front as the skill positions, just doesn't get as much lip service, and last night it showed. Line up both teams and tell the kids to push the guy in front of you back, and Milan probably holds their own, but football doesn't work that way. Trenton had football players on the field, and Milan had athletes... if the Milan kids become football players soon they have a high ceiling, if not they will still win some games from talent alone, but they won't be able to achieve what most people predicted them to.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The highlighted part of your post was the biggest difference in the game. The commentators were saying over and over how Trenton's offensive and defensive lines were blowing Milan off the ball (and they were)… I thought that the reason was Peabody's linemen knew exactly what their assignment was and how to execute it on both sides of the ball, and the Milan guys were guessing at best. You're not only a step quicker if you are sure where you're going, but lot's easier to push around if you're not. Technique and recognition matter just as much up front as the skill positions, just doesn't get as much lip service, and last night it showed. Line up both teams and tell the kids to push the guy in front of you back, and Milan probably holds their own, but football doesn't work that way. Trenton had football players on the field, and Milan had athletes... if the Milan kids become football players soon they have a high ceiling, if not they will still win some games from talent alone, but they won't be able to achieve what most people predicted them to.

Very well said 

32 minutes ago, MayoBottomHermit said:

Do what? I don’t think that came out like you planned it. Maybe throw a period in there somewhere.

It didn't come out the way I attended. The starting QB from last year at TC is the starting QB for CC in Mississippi. The kid that finish the game last year against Peabody at QB for Trousdale last year is the starting QB now. TC best offensive weapon besides from its pre-season all American at the center is #2 he is a starting wingback Kobe Ford. He was kick off the team last season after the 3rd game of the season. His running style is a lot like Peabody #4. Also with a new head coach TC team is a lot different this year. TC will be. The more physical team especially on offense. But the line is still a question mark with 4 new starters. 

Got ya bud! That first one threw me off a little.

52 minutes ago, RTD said:

It didn't come out the way I attended. The starting QB from last year at TC is the starting QB for CC in Mississippi. The kid that finish the game last year against Peabody at QB for Trousdale last year is the starting QB now. TC best offensive weapon besides from its pre-season all American at the center is #2 he is a starting wingback Kobe Ford. He was kick off the team last season after the 3rd game of the season. His running style is a lot like Peabody #4. Also with a new head coach TC team is a lot different this year. TC will be. The more physical team especially on offense. But the line is still a question mark with 4 new starters. 

5 hours ago, BLACKFRIDAY said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't 2 go prior to last season? I think both to Henry Co. One was a coordinator I believe. I guess we COULD chalk those up to regime change.

OC from last season left for (?)

My point is they are not leaving for head coaching jobs or necessarily moving up, just moving.

Yes success gives assistant coaches opportunities to move up, but name the last coach to leave Peabody. See where I'm going here?

Maybe it's just MORE coaches this year, but I saw a lot of unfamiliar faces on that sideline. Or possibly I have no idea what I'm talking about. 

The OC that left is trying to move up the ladder.  It is his ultimate goal to be a head coach hopefully in the middle tn area (where he went to).  That is exactly why he left.  You did have two assistants go the previous season.  3 assistants isn't really a big deal.  Milan coaching changes have been historically stable over the years except for those 3 assistants in 2 years.  

5 hours ago, BLACKFRIDAY said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't 2 go prior to last season? I think both to Henry Co. One was a coordinator I believe. I guess we COULD chalk those up to regime change.

OC from last season left for (?)

My point is they are not leaving for head coaching jobs or necessarily moving up, just moving.

Yes success gives assistant coaches opportunities to move up, but name the last coach to leave Peabody. See where I'm going here?

Maybe it's just MORE coaches this year, but I saw a lot of unfamiliar faces on that sideline. Or possibly I have no idea what I'm talking about. 

Another question.  You don't call going from Milan to Henry Co. "moving up"????