Meigs @ Sweetwater 8-23

Yeti

1 hour ago, TigerNation said:

If you’re implying we only beat Polk because Davis was there then you must be new here. Until recently Polk County has dominated that series under Davis. Take Fitzgerald’s 5 wins away and I think we might have one, maybe two wins over them during his time there. 

I was saying that our Central game will be better with him as their new coach. And rereading what I wrote I could see how you may have took it that way, but if calling me new to to here makes you feel better somehow by all means please continue to stroke your ego.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunnerUp said:

When I speak of heart I'm not talking about not showing up ready to play. I am talking about not responding positively when they get hit in the mouth.  Showing up ready to play against a 4-4 team is part of being a champion.  I think we are good enough to beat the crap out of any 4-4 team whether we are ready to play or not.  Some because as a team we have those that are champions at heart and some because we are that much better athletically.  If we come out against a team that is picked to beat us and they make a good play or two you can watch the body language and know the ones I'm talking about.  As I said a few think they are better than they are and when the time comes will they say .. I am being challenged time to prove who I am and what I can do.. or will they sulk at being exposed?

I know what you mean brother, I seen some of that in a scrimmage this year already. We gonna be alright though. Who knows we may have to take a few lumps as a team to make a few understand it though. I like your insights btw bud, thank you.

10 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I know what you mean brother, I seen some of that in a scrimmage this year already. We gonna be alright though. Who knows we may have to take a few lumps as a team to make a few understand it though. I like your insights btw bud, thank you.

Only if it were a perfect world. I'm sure we'll be fine.

Sweetwater will be better, and they will be juiced and ready. Mike Martin was at Meigs County for years and had a lot of success. I’m not sure he has the personnel to go the distance this week, but if we let them hang around, it will be a ball game. 

In response to some of our players’ attitudes when they get hit in the mouth: we will have plenty of opportunities this year to be hit in the mouth (might be this week). It will make us better. 

Proud to be a Tiger!

28 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

Sweetwater will be better, and they will be juiced and ready. Mike Martin was at Meigs County for years and had a lot of success. I’m not sure he has the personnel to go the distance this week, but if we let them hang around, it will be a ball game. 

In response to some of our players’ attitudes when they get hit in the mouth: we will have plenty of opportunities this year to be hit in the mouth (might be this week). It will make us better. 

Proud to be a Tiger!

+1

I know Sweetwater will give a good effort, I saw some of it against Central in the Jamboree. I'm like you I think we "should" be too much for them but I guess we will see soon enough. The last time we played against Drew Hicks they more or less made a highlight video out of it. I hope this time around he doesnt have as much success.

1 hour ago, MarsBlackmon said:

Proud to be a Tiger!

51 will give it his all the whole game for SW a mean little baller!

6 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Sure wished this game was in Decatur instead of S'water!! 

Really not that much further up for you bud if you coming up from Chattanooga area. Exit 49 to exit 60 is 10 mins, and then 10 mins from the interstate to Sweetwater school from there.

Edited by Imthayeti