Meigs @ Sweetwater 8-23

Yeti

7 minutes ago, BBG1 said:

I’m excited about the matchup with Greenback. I remember some good battles between Meigs and Greenback in baseball back when Meigs was single A. We need to focus on Sweetwater though!! I believe we will win, but we don’t need to look ahead. 

You’re going down lol!

17 minutes ago, RunnerUp said:

i didn't make the brainerd scrimmage but did attend all others. watched brainard on hudl.

I would appreciate another perspective besides my own. We were a great team last year and I highly doubt we are at that level yet this early in the season. I do believe we can be as good or maybe better rhis year with just some more experience and a few games under us. Do you think the same or did we graduate some folks that wont be replaced so easily. Appreciate your input on this. I've seen a few plays this year that have wowed me, but some of the competition was less than stellar honestly so it may not be a fair assessment of what we have. Do you think in all honesty that we will be as good as last year ? And if anyone else wants to put some input in go ahead I appreciate all input. Thanks.

Edited by Imthayeti

15 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I would appreciate another perspective besides my own. We were a great team last year and I highly doubt we are at that level yet this early in the season. I do believe we can be as good or maybe better rhis year with just some more experience and a few games under us. Do you think the same or did we graduate some folks that wont be replaced so easily. Appreciate your input on this. I've seen a few plays this year that have wowed me, but some of the competition was less than stellar honestly so it may not be a fair assessment of what we have. Do you think in all honesty that we will be as good as last year ? And if anyone else wants to put some input in go ahead I appreciate all input. Thanks.

I think it's too early to say how good we are but I have seen what everyone else sees. Pass coverage is a question. I think Hyde and Judd will be missed on offense more than people realize.  I think we have plenty of play makers but I haven't seen the fierceness in the skill positions that we saw last year.  We lost several good football players. It will take a few games to see if the reloads are the same caliber players. Who knows some may be better.

Edited by RunnerUp
spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RunnerUp said:

I think it's too early to say how good we are but I have seen what everyone else sees. Pass coverage is a question. I think Hyde and Judd will be missed on offense more than people realize.  I think we have plenty of play makers but I haven't seen the fierceness in the skill positions that we saw last year.  We lost several good football players. It will take a few games to see if the reloads are the same caliber players. Who knows some may be better.

Appreciate your thoughts. I tend to agree with you although I've been pleasantly surprised to see how meadows has improved, I also think Maldonado has improved some. Guess we will see within the next two games.

12 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Appreciate your thoughts. I tend to agree with you although I've been pleasantly surprised to see how meadows has improved, I also think Maldonado has improved some. Guess we will see within the next two games.

Yeah just watched the film of the Jamboree and Meadows out ran everyone by a lot on his long TD run. I would like to see Maldonado line up and catch that seam pass a few times.