Meigs @ Sweetwater 8-23

Yeti

12 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Glad y’all got the W bud!

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Sweetwater must have had a big turnaround y’all smoked them last yr. was the game as close as the score shows?

Yes it was. Their coach pit all their players in the right places. I'm impressed with what he did in a year.

25 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Sweetwater must have had a big turnaround y’all smoked them last yr. was the game as close as the score shows?

They’re definitely improved from last year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Aside from a long pass and a long drive aided by penalties I thought our defense played ok, too many missed tackles. We could’ve definitely played better, but credit to them for playing hard and making us earn it.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

They’re definitely improved from last year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Aside from a long pass and a long drive aided by penalties I thought our defense played ok, too many missed tackles. We could’ve definitely played better, but credit to them for playing hard and making us earn it.

They really did improve. What was our run stats minus Aaron's. Their run D that good or we just have a slow night it seem? Aaron had alot of success so would rather take his out of the equation.

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

They really did improve. What was our run stats minus Aaron's. Their run D that good or we just have a slow night it seem? Aaron had alot of success so would rather take his out of the equation.

Yeti, on a side note this shows good decision making on Aaron's part. If you get a chance, check out Navy's games this year and you will see his skill set matches what they do with the QB and the slot backs.

1 hour ago, TynerRamFan said:

Yeti, on a side note this shows good decision making on Aaron's part. If you get a chance, check out Navy's games this year and you will see his skill set matches what they do with the QB and the slot backs.

I'll do that, thanks

Proud of our boys for last night's effort. They did a great job defensively with the lone score coming off one missed tackle it looked like. It was a half a second from an interception, but due to the missed tackle it turned into an 83 yard pass. Other then that I thought our defense was very sound for the most part. Offensively we had a decent outing as well. At a guess we "maybe" had 250 yards rushing possibly more? Feel free to input a stat anyone who has it. Passing was just above average tonight. Sweetwater had decent coverage, but we had a few dropped passes that would have made our drives alot easier. The 4th and 1 stop on the 1 yard line to stop Sweetwater was really clutch. Followed by a 1:50 second drive for 99 yards to get a touchdown showed great intensity and effort.  Qb play: wont elaborate much. He does what he does and does it well. Had a field day so to speak. A few times he was getting pressured in the backfield and was able to turn it into a large gain. Obviously demoralizing for the defense for Sweetwater but they never quit. All in all we had a good night it was good game that took alot of effort. It reminds me of our 2017 game with them mostly where we won 19-14. After that game we improved drastically over the next few weeks and had a great year. I hope for the same this year. Sweetwater has alot of athletes on the field and I expect them to have a good season. We need to improve alot this week before we face Greenback no one wants a back to back loss. We will see who wants it more. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

Congrats on the win. I once heard of a guy that thought he was taking an ugly girl to prom for a joke... when he picked her up she had fixed her hair, put on some makeup and had a nice dress. Turned out she was prettiest girl at the prom. Meigs needs to do the same turn that ugly win into opportunity to get better and move on. Also hats off to the Sweetwater helmet run out. That was pretty cool. I’d love to see Meigs get one even if it was sponsored. 

50 minutes ago, Turu said:

Congrats on the win. I once heard of a guy that thought he was taking an ugly girl to prom for a joke... when he picked her up she had fixed her hair, put on some makeup and had a nice dress. Turned out she was prettiest girl at the prom. Meigs needs to do the same turn that ugly win into opportunity to get better and move on. Also hats off to the Sweetwater helmet run out. That was pretty cool. I’d love to see Meigs get one even if it was sponsored. 

With 70+ kids on the roster that better be one whopper of a helmet.