Meigs @ Sweetwater 8-23

Yeti

13 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Hearing good things about your team. I picked Peabody tone in before, I may have been mistaken from what I'm hearing out of your team.

Going to Trenton and getting a win is a very tall task. But if there is a team on their schedule that can do it it’s Milan. I heard they were much improved. Giving Henry Co. hades in a scrimmage and beating a 12-1 (last year) Dyersburg team who will be a good team again this year. But seeing them beat down Union City last night was my first time putting eyes on them. And they live up to the hype. But hype ain’t gone win Thursday. They gonna have to show up. We will see. Good luck to your boys next week. 

27 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Going to Trenton and getting a win is a very tall task. But if there is a team on their schedule that can do it it’s Milan. I heard they were much improved. Giving Henry Co. hades in a scrimmage and beating a 12-1 (last year) Dyersburg team who will be a good team again this year. But seeing them beat down Union City last night was my first time putting eyes on them. And they live up to the hype. But hype ain’t gone win Thursday. They gonna have to show up. We will see. Good luck to your boys next week. 

From what I'm hearing I'd bet you may have one of the best seasons of school history if all pans out.

11 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

From what I'm hearing I'd bet you may have one of the best seasons of school history if all pans out.

Don’t think so but a deep run is possible. 1999 15-0 team was special. Had a team in 2008 with 2 SEC players (one went to the nfl) along with 3 other D1 players and a couple of small college guys. Went 14-1 and lost to Alcoa. This team ain’t on that level I don’t believe. But we just need to keep grinding and improve every week. 

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

There will be some VERY good games week 1 and 2 for sure!!!BUT this aint one of them LOL!Meigs SHOULD mercy rule these cats!

Sweetwater will play hard. First game under Martin, who played there and wants to get them back to where they’re used to being. Last year Sweetwater hung it up after we were able to get on them quick. I don’t expect that to happen this year. Sweetwater will want to make a statement. This one could go a couple different ways. Cats not in the bag, pun intended. 

I feel like the Tigers still have a few guys that are thinking that they are better than they are and just have to show up.  Coaches can preach about how everyone wants to knock you off and you are gonna get everybody's best game but until they see it first hand I don' t think we will see how well this team can play.

I just feel like some are satisfied with nothing to prove and those are the ones I feel like are not as good as they think they are.

What kind of heart and fight are they going to have if they get down?

Having said that I also know that our team feeds very much off emotion and it is hard to get fired up for a scrimmage and jamboree. I am certain we will play better but if we come out flat it could become interesting.

1 hour ago, RunnerUp said:

I feel like the Tigers still have a few guys that are thinking that they are better than they are and just have to show up.  Coaches can preach about how everyone wants to knock you off and you are gonna get everybody's best game but until they see it first hand I don' t think we will see how well this team can play.

I just feel like some are satisfied with nothing to prove and those are the ones I feel like are not as good as they think they are.

What kind of heart and fight are they going to have if they get down?

Having said that I also know that our team feeds very much off emotion and it is hard to get fired up for a scrimmage and jamboree. I am certain we will play better but if we come out flat it could become interesting.

I agree with you, I felt it was this way at the Polk game last year. Until our boys realized that they may not win that game did they seemingly wake up. Meigs when firing on all cylinders is as good as I've seen play. Trousdale game being one of those times they played to their ability. We fell short and just barely, but I was extremely proud of them that night. Wartburg last year is another game where I thought we had a slow start. When this team plays to their ability they are fantastic, I've seen a few flashes of greatness already out of this team this year in scrimmages and in the Jamboree. In the Jamboree there was a switch that was flipped near instantly it seemed when they were behind I could tell they hated being behind and the thought of losing. If our team comes out to play with full intensity i actually feel like there's not a team out there on our schedule that can beat us that I've seen. But sometimes like you said they may just feel like they have won before they get off the bus. We will see in this game how bad they want it this year in the first few minutes of play. If they start slow against Greenback the following week we probably won't win that game as sometimes teams are just too good to come back from 14 points down in 4 quarters when you let them get a quick lead. See below as an example. This is just my opinion etc.

Screenshot_20190818-091708_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Imthayeti
  • Like 1

I agree 100% I will say that in the Polk game there was an offensive assignment issue that slowed our running game the first half but was corrected . That wasn't a preparedness problem but Polk saw something on film and lined up in such a way that caused some confusion. I believe better communication between coaches and players could've remedied that problem earlier.

We have some kids that are without a doubt going to give  you everything they have until their last breath.  I believe as a team we are fighters, but I question the heart of a few.

Just now, RunnerUp said:

I agree 100% I will say that in the Polk game there was an offensive assignment issue that slowed our running game the first half but was corrected . That wasn't a preparedness problem but Polk saw something on film and lined up in such a way that caused some confusion. I believe better communication between coaches and players could've remedied that problem earlier.

We have some kids that are without a doubt going to give  you everything they have until their last breath.  I believe as a team we are fighters, but I question the heart of a few.

I won't quote on the hearts of the players as I don't know about that. As a fan i know what they are capable of on the field when they "need" it and when they are "fired" up. I just wish that intensity could show up without the "oh my gosh" moment from our kids that they actually gotta try to win this game. That's one of the benefits of our opponents the last few years as they were about to play a really good team we better try our best mentality. Where as im.not sure sometimes we say maybe that this team is 4-4 they may just roll over for us. But noone plays to lose and one big play turns emotions on for your opponents too which in turn makes them in all probability, better. Time for church it's good to be a Tiger. 

9 minutes ago, RunnerUp said:

Funny you say that about Polk as sooner or later our rivalry with them gonna be a hard win now that Davis is with Central.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Funny you say that about Polk as sooner or later our rivalry with them gonna be a hard win now that Davis is with Central.

If you’re implying we only beat Polk because Davis was there then you must be new here. Until recently Polk County has dominated that series under Davis. Take Fitzgerald’s 5 wins away and I think we might have one, maybe two wins over them during his time there. 

When I speak of heart I'm not talking about not showing up ready to play. I am talking about not responding positively when they get hit in the mouth.  Showing up ready to play against a 4-4 team is part of being a champion.  I think we are good enough to beat the crap out of any 4-4 team whether we are ready to play or not.  Some because as a team we have those that are champions at heart and some because we are that much better athletically.  If we come out against a team that is picked to beat us and they make a good play or two you can watch the body language and know the ones I'm talking about.  As I said a few think they are better than they are and when the time comes will they say .. I am being challenged time to prove who I am and what I can do.. or will they sulk at being exposed?