South Pittsburg vs Sequatchie (Grider against this Wattenburger man)

Roy Dillard

36 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Trust me there are far more here against it than for it and I am one of those. I truly thought it was dead in the water but i talked to a commissioner about a week ago and he says it will happen. They just have to get the money right. Can't do property tax alone. Luckily I won't have a kid in school at the time so I won't have to move mine.

What money? They have had two years to get the money right....never happen and glad it want

3 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I pray that it doesn't. He seemed confident though. If it does pass we need to vote these people out office.

I’ve heard they would have to raise property taxes by double. Excuse me, but what the H E double hockey sticks is someone smoking? Who around here in this county can afford that?

Edited by TheAmbassador

2 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Trust me there are far more here against it than for it and I am one of those. I truly thought it was dead in the water but i talked to a commissioner about a week ago and he says it will happen. They just have to get the money right. Can't do property tax alone. Luckily I won't have a kid in school at the time so I won't have to move mine.

Why would you HAVE to move ? 

Did I hear correctly that they want to have horseback riding and swimming? Are they trying to build a private type of school?  If that is the case then build a private school and let people that want to go there pay for it and leave everyone else alone.

I understand that paying for 3 schools can be expensive,  but building 1 that will raise taxes that much seems like it is MORE expensive,  not less.

38 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

You do realize your child is attending school now with kids from all over the county?  

Wow! No I didn't know that. I wouldnt want my child in a mega school. If you guys are ok with it if it happens send your kids there. If mine was still there he would be pulled out. Luckily I wont have to worry about it. I did ask him last year when it was brought up what he thought and he said he was against it as well 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I can't imagine why any of our posters would continue to criticize another program for the same things that we been criticized for in the past.  If the TSSAA doesn't have a problem with it then neither do I.  

Old Pirate says timing has a lot to do when those with more info comes forward. Example, SP was not made known of a fake TSSAA letter received clearing a player until after the season. The Pirates were eliminated from playoffs. Figure, if a program is innocent, majority laugh and ignore move on refuse to moan and whine about the chatter. However it does provide cage rattling either way! LOPAO  

Edited by OLD PIRATE
Edit