South Pittsburg vs Sequatchie (Grider against this Wattenburger man)

Roy Dillard

13 minutes ago, FireFistAce said:

I hope the Pirates were following the Whitwell game closely.  The lesson being you have to show up and be prepared for any game.  You can't take anyone lightly.  You just can't show up and expect teams to roll over because of who you are.  Whitwell being the defending 1a state champ sounded uninspired tonight.  If the Pirates want to continue to be the bullies of the valley and more then they need to show up Saturday night and set the tone for the season. 

I don't think we will be overlooking Sequatchie.   They have been tough as anyone and they always bring a great knowledgeable crowd along with them.  They support their team really well.  I expect a hard fought 4 quarter game.  That's exactly what we need.

Close games.

Aug. 17, 2018 at Sequatchie County 0  -    South Pittsburg 19

Aug. 18, 2017 at South Pittsburg 28 - Sequatchie County 21

Aug. 19, 2016 at Sequatchie County 27 -  South Pittsburg 20

Aug. 21, 2015 at South Pittsburg 7 - Sequatchie County 12

Sep. 12, 2014 at Sequatchie County 21 -  South Pittsburg 18

12 minutes ago, team69 said:

Break it down for us,,,,,what give her or him away?

Here was the first post ever listed below. 

That screams mama and the underlying message was obvious  “My son and the other kids are good as well.” Surely you can tell that’s a mama post.

There are other Pirates that play the game as well and sometimes better than “the best.” I hope the score proves that.

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I don't think we will be overlooking Sequatchie.   They have been tough as anyone and they always bring a great knowledgeable crowd along with them.  They support their team really well.  I expect a hard fought 4 quarter game.  That's exactly what we need.

Close games.

Aug. 17, 2018 at Sequatchie County 0  -    South Pittsburg 19

Aug. 18, 2017 at South Pittsburg 28 - Sequatchie County 21

Aug. 19, 2016 at Sequatchie County 27 -  South Pittsburg 20

Aug. 21, 2015 at South Pittsburg 7 - Sequatchie County 12

Sep. 12, 2014 at Sequatchie County 21 -  South Pittsburg 18

If the Pirates can hit on a few timely passes then I think they can do just enough to win this game. The last several years and really longer than that the Pirates have struggled in the passing game. Both offensively and defensively. 

3 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Here was the first post ever listed below. 

That screams mama and the underlying message was obvious  “My son and the other kids are good as well.” Surely you can tell that’s a mama post.

There are other Pirates that play the game as well and sometimes better than “the best.” I hope the score proves that.

Bass,  are you looking up folks' profile skirts again?   You know I've already warned you about this.  

1 minute ago, FireFistAce said:

While this is true the Pirates will hand them their first region loss when they play and then hopefully be the team that knocks them out on of the playoffs thereby eliminating the defending state champions.

You just said not to take any team lightly and now you have us already beating Whitwell for the region championship?  :)