HUNTINGDON AT MCKENZIE

footballover

In the jamboree Huntingdon used 5 or 6 different backs and all ran hard. It looks like Pearson has gained a extra gear this season.  One play it looked like he was shot out of a cannon. He welcomes contact. Ensley only ran one play in the first quarter and took it to the house. I saw Mcclerkin without pads on before the game. He is a grown man.Nance ran better. When he gets a taste of the end zone, watch out. The run defense is looking good. When Lawton is completely healthy we should be dangerous.

47 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

How'd McKenzie look?

Rebels are young but have some speed. QB has a big arm. Mustangs stayed in his face all night. Most of his throws were off his back foot. Mustangs hit them in the mouth pretty good early. This McKenzie team should improve through the season just not ready for a team like the Mustangs this early in the season.

On 8/26/2019 at 10:39 PM, WarEagleCartman said:

How'd McKenzie look?

Mckenzie played exceptionally well for the most part of the 1st half. The rebels forced the Mustangs to punt on there first 2 drives of the game. But after running back Micha Austin went down early in the 2nd qr, the tempo changed and the Mustangs capitalized. Rebels has to send in  freshman Marquez Taylor  to replace Micha but Taylor has some really good runs for being inexperienced and coming in under the fire. He will be starting again this week in WC but you should be able to see a difference in his performance since he’s got some playing time in early. But the rebels are a young team this year with only 7 or 8 seniors and the majority being freshman and sophomore. But they are looking better as far as I’ve seen this week in practice. Friday night should be interesting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Yes. I have seen that cause problems. In my last coaching stop, if a coach resigned they got them into another building. Sometimes the very next day. Welcome. 
    • Agree. The man literally sacrificed time, moments, memories you can't get back with his own family for every single athlete at that school. (and many others) To those that continue to be negative about him and continue to bring him up; He's been loyal, hardworking and just his entire coaching career. Ask anyone that actually has a leg to stand on in regard to Coach.
    • Egotistical? That's a new one.  It's funny, I'm friends with two of the younger coaches that he "ran off" as you say. In fact, he helped them find jobs, encouraged them to do what was best for their growing families, provided advice, support and still does to this day. 
    • Aug 23     @ Maryville (L, 0-1) Aug 30     South Doyle (W, 1-1) Sep 5     @ William Blount (L, 1-2) Sep 13     Powell (L, 1-3) Sep 20     Karns (L, 1-4) Sep 27     @ West (L, 1-5) Oct 4     Knoxville Halls (L, 1-6) Oct 18     @ Lenoir City (W, 2-6) Oct 25     @ Knox Central (L, 2-7) Nov 1     Clinton (L, 2-8)  
    • Track has always been big at OR. Ran off about 7 straight titles in the 60s. Your hate for Gaddis runs deep, huh? What did he ever do to you, to make you disdain him that much? You can’t seem to stop talking about the guy. He’s living rent free in your head. Might wanna get that checked out, you don’t wanna go to the grave with that on your heart.