Gordonsville @ Watertown

kingofthenorth

17 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Big head???  Because I don’t think a team that’s scored more than 6 points all preseason will score 35 this week??

Like I’ve said, G-town might beat us ( doubtful imo) but they are not going to want to get in a shootout with us..  

If they have a chance, it will need to be a low scoring game!

I tend to agree with you. We're not built for shootouts.

Our first team has not scored in the preseason, but we have moved the ball. But we've been throwing the ball ALOT.

First and foremost, we have to stop the running game. Carey could very well be the best back in 2A, and I really like Carter. I think he could surpass Carey. Cousino has the potential to be one of the best QB's in 3A when he's a senior.

I don't believe the passing game will be as strong as years past for H2O, but the running game will be a juggernaut.

To win, we have to keep it low scoring.

11 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Our first team has not scored in the preseason, but we have moved the ball. But we've been throwing the ball ALOT.

First and foremost, we have to stop the running game. Carey could very well be the best back in 2A, and I really like Carter. I think he could surpass Carey. Cousino has the potential to be one of the best QB's in 3A when he's a senior.

I don't believe the passing game will be as strong as years past for H2O, but the running game will be a juggernaut.

That’s exactly how I see it...  if it’s a low scoring game going into halftime I would say that your team would love their chances.

I also think you’re spot on with your assessment of our backfield trio.

In someways I think we’re better in that area this year than last and that’s not because any of those guys are better football players than Price ( they’re not ). It’s just that as trio they are a better fit in the offense that Webster wants to run!

I do question our line play, but think  we will be fine once all the pieces are in place.

We will see!

4 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Wtown is getting the big head. last i checked they still didnt make the final 4 of the state even with last years juggernaut. am i wrong?

Have you ever been to final four either? Or I mean the Forrest Rockets? You still like to pop off even though you guys aren't relevant anymore. You did have a couple good years. I suppose you can hang your hat on that.

4 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Big head???  Because I don’t think a team that’s scored more than 6 points all preseason will score 35 this week??

Like I’ve said, G-town might beat us ( doubtful imo) but they are not going to want to get in a shootout with us..  

If they have a chance, it will need to be a low scoring game!

Knowing Gordy if they get more than a garbage TD at the end of the game would be a huge surprise to me.

Watertown looked pretty dang good, especially there skilled players. There line looked average at times but will get better I would think every game. I hope Gville can block for there QB and give him a little time. I hope Gville can keep it close but if they can not contain Watertown's run game it could be bad.

17 hours ago, H2Oman said:

That’s exactly how I see it...  if it’s a low scoring game going into halftime I would say that your team would love their chances.

In someways I think we’re better in that area this year than last and that’s not because any of those guys are better football players than Price ( they’re not ). It’s just that as trio they are a better fit in the offense that Webster wants to run!

I do question our line play, but think  we will be fine once all the pieces are in place.

We will see!

Watertown has some very impressive athletes. 

On 8/18/2019 at 8:46 PM, H2Oman said:

We will see!

On 8/18/2019 at 8:23 PM, croz6110 said:

Throw records and everything else out the door this is a rivalry. Both teams will play hard. Could be a good game 

Discipline and staying healthy will be key for Wtown this season.  Line play must be more disciplined than what has been shown so far on the O line.  Penalties have to stay out of the equation to maintain control of what the purple will be capable of doing.  More playmakers across this squad than in years past as a whole.  Options at qb and a stable of horses to carry the rock and speedy feet at receiver as well.  Gotta be able to throw downfield to keep D’s honest, but our line will be key to all of this.  

On 8/17/2019 at 10:54 AM, H2Oman said:

Just after watching Gordonsville yesterday. I don’t think they have the athletes to compete yet. I do think their quarterback is going to be a baller!

You are exactly right though, they could beat us, but MY prediction would be that it’s not close. 

This was my assessment after watching them in the spring scrimmage. Slow, nonathletic team with a QB that has potential in the future. Somehow, their fans left the scrimmage full of optimism and thinking they would be dominant in 2019. 

8 minutes ago, Salem said:

This was my assessment after watching them in the spring scrimmage. Slow, nonathletic team with a QB that has potential in the future. Somehow, their fans left the scrimmage full of optimism and thinking they would be dominant in 2019. 

You still have to come to play anytime you play Gordy. SP showed up last season flat in the jungle and was down at the half.