Gordonsville @ Watertown

kingofthenorth

3 minutes ago, RTD said:

Croz what's your take on Watertown.

At this point, down further from last year than many thought.

Our defense was in the backfield all night, and it disrupted all that was going on back there. 

From what I could tell, our line dominated on both sides of the ball, but their skill players made up for it.

Their defense isnt as good, either. There was a mtchup or two on the outside that we won, and if you can get under center and run right at them, you have an advantage.

We got in the wing-t and moved the ball pretty well.

11 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Our defense was in the backfield all night, and it disrupted all that was going on back there. 

From what I could tell, our line dominated on both sides of the ball, but their skill players made up for it.

Their defense isnt as good, either. There was a mtchup or two on the outside that we won, and if you can get under center and run right at them, you have an advantage.

That great news seeing that TC runs the wing t now.

43 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Offsides? Blocking in back? Too many on field? 

We are ok with them trying to break that record and hit 200 yds worth when we play them .

Westmoreland has that record from the game against Jo Byrns.

3 minutes ago, RTD said:

That great news seeing that TC runs the wing t now.

I would be worried about them being down too much. Especially considering that they didn't see much from Friendship tonight due to injuries. You don't want to go into the playoffs untested.

That was just a flat out awful game. Watertown's coaches think they are still playing with last years team and it showed. There was way to many dumb penalties, and the offensive line was just plain bad. I knew there was going to be a drop off from last year but this is bad. If Watertown doesn't wake up, Nolensville, Trousdale, and any other team that can run the ball decent will beat them.

32 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Pretty much called it last week.  Gotta have better discipline and that penalties would keep WTown from doing what they could be capable of.  They need to figure out how to put offensive drives together using all the tools in the toolbox rather than just a few with the same plays and personnel.  Penalty yardage embarrassing.

I wasn’t there to see it, but this game turned out just like Gordonsville wanted it and we are lucky to come out of there with a W.

If this team plays anything like I heard they played tonight, we will get steamrolled by both Nolensville and TC the next couple of weeks.

I hope we get it together or it’s going to be a rough year!!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I wasn’t there to see it, but this game turned out just like Gordonsville wanted it and we are lucky to come out of there with a W.

If this team plays anything like I heard they played tonight, we will get steamrolled by both Nolensville and TC the next couple of weeks.

I hope we get it together or it’s going to be a rough year!!  

4 minutes ago, Movethechains said:

Pretty much called it last week.  Gotta have better discipline and that penalties would keep WTown from doing what they could be capable of.  They need to figure out how to put offensive drives together using all the tools in the toolbox rather than just a few with the same plays and personnel.  Penalty yardage embarrassing.

I’m hearing that we didn’t use the Carter kid hardly at all tonight... was he injured?