Cloudland @ Happy Valley

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Yeah and be a pretty good team, I see 3 wins and they the other 7 are all potential losses.  As long as they stay healthy, I think they will be in nearly every game but could easily lose 7 games.

With Avery looking better, our best chance at a sure victory may be North.  The Hampton games will be nailbiters unless little Mike gets some improvement out of his bigs,  then Hampton will be 2 TD favorite

Just now, THE KING said:

With Avery looking better, our best chance at a sure victory may be North.  The Hampton games will be nailbiters unless little Mike gets some improvement out of his bigs,  then Hampton will be 2 TD favorite

Avery looks much better,QB threw 5 tds last night.  My quess is Johnson County may be the one, Hampton actually moved the ball all night on a HUGE and talented team. Think they had near 300 yards rushing. Gotta get the fumbling fixed. North is Huge and they have some weapons . Its gonna be tough sledding  any way you look at it.

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

We need to find our identity on offense. Cloudland seems to me like a team with an identity on offense. I was impressed with our defense. We will hang our hat on those guys until the offense comes along. 

We have an identity because that's all we can do lol.  Not enough weapons to stretch the field.  The only teams who can run the ball all night with 2 backs have studs everywhere.  The tight ends have to be studs.  The backs and line have to be monsters.  Kind of like Cland in 2001 when they went to state.  Nobody in the state could have stopped that running game. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

We have an identity because that's all we can do lol.  Not enough weapons to stretch the field.  The only teams who can run the ball all night with 2 backs have studs everywhere.  The tight ends have to be studs.  The backs and line have to be monsters.  Kind of like Cland in 2001 when they went to state.  Nobody in the state could have stopped that running game. 

I get what you're saying King but we could use a bit of the ole "get good at something and stick with it" in our playbook. 

On 8/23/2019 at 7:44 AM, Kickersdad said:

Might be low scores tonight pujo. I haven't seen Cland scrimmage yet, have watched a good bit of HV this year.  Aside from 2017 we could have the traditional Lander/Warrior D-battle.  HV's defense has been something to see, surprised me since we lost Cochran, Hyatt, Naylor, and a couple more. I believe Hyder could make a D player out of a butterfly! HV pretty deep at RB and Bahn might have a breakout year, if he does what he has done in scrimmage, could get nasty.  Either way, got friends in the Roan and on the Hill, so stay safe, God speed, and play nastily clean! Go HV!

Gregg has a great defensive mind for sure and adding Jenkins to the staff helps the offense no doubt!  HV may be the team to beat. I’m glad we have you on Rebel Hill this year. Maybe we can give you a better game with home field advantage. 

18 hours ago, RebRebReb said:

Gregg has a great defensive mind for sure and adding Jenkins to the staff helps the offense no doubt!  HV may be the team to beat. I’m glad we have you on Rebel Hill this year. Maybe we can give you a better game with home field advantage. 

Can't wait for this game Reb. I can only hope it's for first place for both of us . That would make for an awesome environment

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Can't wait for this game Reb. I can only hope it's for first place for both of us . That would make for an awesome environment

No doubt!  We will try to come up with something special for you guys. Serve you guys some squirrel brains and cow patties. And of course the view—the leaves are going to be beautiful