McMinn Central vs. McMinn County

OldCharger

59 minutes ago, Kee4Life said:

I still just dont understand how we can look so good against Red Bank in scrimmage and then come out and lay a complete egg against Walker Valley and Brainerd. How does that happen? Does anyone have any details cause i didnt get to go to the jamboree? Did we play our starters? 

You have good reason for concern with the Cherokees. Pedestrian showing in a scrimmage loss to East Hamilton; getting run off the field in a scrimmage loss to Tyner; terrible outings in Jamboree against two weak teams. The Red Bank scrimmage is their only scrimmage where they shined.  Consistency is killing McMinn, but they are a relatively young team.
McMinn may beat Central, but like many have said I think it will be close with McMinn securing the game in the second half.

McMinn losing to Walker Valley 14-0 gives some hope that they can hang longer than a half. Don't understand how Walker Valley can stop them. They run the ball well and Walker Valley struggles up front. Had a hard time stopping Central (a terrible 3a school). Yet they stopped a solid 6a school? Crazy. However, Central didn't play well against Sweetwater either so Idk.

They play alot of guys both ways as well now. It's an embarrassment that McMinn only fields 65 total kids in a school that size. 

I still say close first half, Central does lose steam and McMinn pulls away. It's just hard to judge right now. Let Central stick around late and McMinn could lose it.

Edited by OldCharger