McMinn Central vs. McMinn County

OldCharger

2 hours ago, BBG1 said:

I believe I told someone in another thread that Jalen Hunt was the best horse in McMinn County. I got blasted for saying such wrong statements by the etowah folk. It seems as if I was right! I swung by after Meigs game got cancelled. 

No, you said he was the ONLY horse in McMinn County...which is still not true.

2 hours ago, BBG1 said:

I believe I told someone in another thread that Jalen Hunt was the best horse in McMinn County. I got blasted for saying such wrong statements by the etowah folk. It seems as if I was right! I swung by after Meigs game got cancelled. 

Some of my fellow Central fans get carried away with their emotions and jealousy, and tend to make ridiculous remarks at times. No doubt in my mind Jalen is the best running back in McMinn County.
What was the score of the Meigs game when it was cancelled? Was it cancelled at halftime? I may come over next week to see the game against Greenback. 

2 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

Some of my fellow Central fans get carried away with their emotions and jealousy, and tend to make ridiculous remarks at times. No doubt in my mind Jalen is the best running back in McMinn County.
What was the score of the Meigs game when it was cancelled? Was it cancelled at halftime? I may come over next week to see the game against Greenback. 

Our game did not start. Captains walked onto field and were told to go back to the locker room. Players never came back out. Game time is today at 7:30. 

11 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

McMinn has a fantastic stable of backs for sure. I had thought about going to Meigs / GB as well, but from what I hear GB looked like last night, Meigs should have no problems and the Swafford should have huge numbers.

8 minutes ago, charger05 said:

McMinn has a fantastic stable of backs for sure. I had thought about going to Meigs / GB as well, but from what I hear GB looked like last night, Meigs should have no problems and the Swafford should have huge numbers.

We will have our hands full. Plus we haven't even played our first game yet. Who knows.

9 minutes ago, charger05 said:

Loudon is a much better team than people think, but I was surprised with how bad they beat Greenback. I'm sure the last thing the Meigs coaches wanted was for Greenback to get hammered that bad because they know the Greenback coaches will put their team through the ringer this upcoming week and have them prepared to not come out flatfooted against Meigs. 

4 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

We will have our hands full. Plus we haven't even played our first game yet. Who knows.

Meigs hit the lottery when they hired Fitzgerald. interest in Meigs football peaked all the way down through the little league ranks and the results are being seen in your football program. Meigs has a lot of good young players on their varsity.  Fitzgerald has had several offers over the last couple of years from much bigger and better paying schools, but I'm glad he's stayed there. Great school with great administration and fanbase.

• Upvote 1

Please don't get on here and call out a specific kid. Regardless of what that kid did or said, it's not right to get on here and call out a specific person's mistakes. Especially when that person is a teenager. I'm sure some of them get on here and read this stuff. We've all said unkind words before. 

I am NOT condoning the use of foul language on the field, but when I played for McMinn in the mid-2000s, I had some nasty stuff said to me by Central players every year. It goes both ways. It's a rivalry. And when you add the fact that our facilities were vandalized this week, I'd say our kids emotions were running higher than ever last night. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, hohmaster said:

Meigs hit the lottery when they hired Fitzgerald. interest in Meigs football peaked all the way down through the little league ranks and the results are being seen in your football program. Meigs has a lot of good young players on their varsity.  Fitzgerald has had several offers over the last couple of years from much bigger and better paying schools, but I'm glad he's stayed there. Great school with great administration and fanbase.

Appreciate the kind words! Good luck next week! 

On 8/24/2019 at 2:24 AM, catchnburn said:

catchnburn, sir the story you tell is not a true account of what happened, I’m sure you already know that tho. 

It’s pretty low to attack a kids character when you’re upset over a game’s outcome. If you would like, I can get you #1’s fathers info for you and let you have a conversation with him about what you claim. 

I could promise you he would be very eager to see who would sit behind a screen name and attack his sons character.  Or maybe you could spend some time with that kid you claim that McMinns culture has changed him before getting on a message board an making up stories. 

The central coaches were right, Bradley, and Maryville are waiting. And we all know both will be a tough task. 

#1 for McMinn was right too with his reply, reminding them that this is the game they were playing that at the time and that Polk county stuff ain’t working there that night. 

Good luck to your Chargers the rest of this season. May God Bless you. 

18 hours ago, Prahs said:

catchnburn, sir the story you tell is not a true account of what happened, I’m sure you already know that tho. 

It’s pretty low to attack a kids character when you’re upset over a game’s outcome. If you would like, I can get you #1’s fathers info for you and let you have a conversation with him about what you claim. 

I could promise you he would be very eager to see who would sit behind a screen name and attack his sons character.  Or maybe you could spend some time with that kid you claim that McMinns culture has changed him before getting on a message board an making up stories. 

The central coaches were right, Bradley, and Maryville are waiting. And we all know both will be a tough task. 

#1 for McMinn was right too with his reply, reminding them that this is the game they were playing that at the time and that Polk county stuff ain’t working there that night. 

Good luck to your Chargers the rest of this season. May God Bless you. 

When did this conversation between Central's coaches and #1 take place?

1 hour ago, Radiocharger said:

When did this conversation between Central's coaches and #1 take place?

During the game. Then the ref stepped in pulled #1 aside and told him do not say anything and if he hears anymore talk from the coaches he would handle it.