Forrest Jamboree?

rebelboy121

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Didn't they chose to go ahead and play up? 

Not sure. I was under the impression they were moved from 5A to 6A by TSSAA after new student number projections came in. I cant find an article that explains why they were switched from 5A to 6A now though. If it was of their own doing someone needs their tail kicked. They don’t have the talent to be a playoff team in 2A. 

7 hours ago, Salem said:

Not sure. I was under the impression they were moved from 5A to 6A by TSSAA after new student number projections came in. I cant find an article that explains why they were switched from 5A to 6A now though. If it was of their own doing someone needs their tail kicked. They don’t have the talent to be a playoff team in 2A. 

Didn't the school open with grades 9-12?  If projections were accurate and the school has grades 9-12 then they are classified correctly.  Classifications are not based on ability to compete.  If they are then lots of schools out there are not in their proper classification

14 hours ago, Rheltnet5th said:

Didn't the school open with grades 9-12?  If projections were accurate and the school has grades 9-12 then they are classified correctly.  Classifications are not based on ability to compete.  If they are then lots of schools out there are not in their proper classification

I thought I had read that they have 100-110 kids on the roster but that 80% of them are Freshman or Soph.

21 hours ago, Salem said:

I'm not sure myself Salem.  I heard FCHS head coach Mac McCurry in an interview with Friday Main Event say Rockvale was placed in their region and that's how their regular season game came about.  

At the 2:47 mark. 

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'm not sure myself Salem.  I heard FCHS head coach Mac McCurry in an interview with Friday Main Event say Rockvale was placed in their region and that's how their regular season game came about.  

At the 2:47 mark. 

My teeth almost fell out of my mouth when Mac said something about following rules...... :o

On 8/18/2019 at 7:57 AM, Rheltnet5th said:

The school is 9-12. However, only freshman and sophomores zoned for the school HAVE to attend. So the juniors and seniors that make up your typical 6A football program are not present here. It's a special situation where someone in charge should be able to use some intelligence and display leadership. If the school asked to move up I will shut up. They were originally placed in a 5A division in August 2018 but bumped up to 6A when new enrollment projections came in. The same projections showed Eagleville would be well under the 1A cutoff but their petition to move down was denied. This was covered in a spring thread on here. 

Nolensville and Republic both played below where their enrollment numbers dictated recently. Their situation is different but it's not. 

They didn't look like they belonged on the field with a 2A team that had a 9-13 record over the previous two seasons. Final score was 34-7. I cant imagine that crew going up against the 6A defending state champion in a  few weeks. 

Edited by Salem