Forrest Jamboree?

rebelboy121

This team has the potential to be Forrest 2016 (12-2) but Friday night looked more like Forrest 2017 (4-7) at times. 

Opening drive Forrest marches down the field to set up a 1st and Goal (just like 2016). Forrest proceeds to have a two holding penalties and fumble a snap away to end the drive (2017). Rockvale brings 11 fresh players in for offense; Forrest subbed 3. Forrest defense forces a 3 and out (2016) and sends out the punt return unit. Poor punt rolls dead at the Rockvale 40 setting Forrest up in excellent field position BUT two personal foul penalties (TWO! for 30 yards on a shanked punt) move Forrest back to their own 30. (2017) From there Forrest rolled on offense and defense til halftime. In the second half the Forrest JV unit outplayed the Rockvale JV 2nd and 3rd teams. 

Forrest dressed 33 players out to Rockvale's legions. Forrest players looked in shape and were dominant. Their play makes a fan optimistic while at the same time they continue to commit the stupid, undisciplined personal fouls that kill drives and lose big games against good teams. 

On 8/19/2019 at 9:40 AM, Salem said:

The school is 9-12. However, only freshman and sophomores zoned for the school HAVE to attend. So the juniors and seniors that make up your typical 6A football program are not present here. It's a special situation where someone in charge should be able to use some intelligence and display leadership. If the school asked to move up I will shut up. They were originally placed in a 5A division in August 2018 but bumped up to 6A when new enrollment projections came in. The same projections showed Eagleville would be well under the 1A cutoff but their petition to move down was denied. This was covered in a spring thread on here. 

Nolensville and Republic both played below where their enrollment numbers dictated recently. Their situation is different but it's not. 

They didn't look like they belonged on the field with a 2A team that had a 9-13 record over the previous two seasons. Final score was 34-7. I cant imagine that crew going up against the 6A defending state champion in a  few weeks. 

Schools that open with large numbers of freshmen and sophomores such as this have a choice to make- either play a jv schedule for the next year or two or choose to play a varsity schedule.  If they choose to play at the varsity level they should play where the classification rules land them.  You are correct that someone in charge should make the ultimate decision- in this case the "someone" would have been the school administration in choosing varsity vs jv, and not the TSSAA in making a special exception for them to be placed into a classification lower than their anticipated competitive abilities.