TSSAA: Reggie Grimes, No. 1 football recruit in state, ruled eligible at Ravenwood

kwc

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Jealous of having a distraction on my team? No, I’m just simply being outspoken on a topic that probably bothered a lot of the Mount Juliet players, his friends, coaches.... etc. Saying I’m jealous is a simple minded high school comeback. Now onward to Stewart’s Creek. 

Also ill remember this comment when he is a dud in College.

Take you a screenshot. He's going to either Bama or South Carolina.

2 minutes ago, TacticalTide said:

Take you a screenshot. He's going to either Bama or South Carolina.

Having the size and combine stats doesn’t automatically make you successful at that level, of course there’s great potential for him..... but getting outplayed last year by a FIRST YEAR player, is unacceptable for a top 30 recruit in the nation. Anyways this topic is done for me, Go Bears.

45 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Having the size and combine stats doesn’t automatically make you successful at that level, of course there’s great potential for him..... but getting outplayed last year by a FIRST YEAR player, is unacceptable for a top 30 recruit in the nation. Anyways this topic is done for me, Go Bears.

I never said it did. I didn't mention his size, how well he tested, etc. He's rated as high as he is because of his potential ceiling. He's considered raw, needs to be developed some. His blood lines don't hurt either. 

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Just the pure fact that he couldn't put up stats last year, against inferior high school players, with a D1 SEC talent playing next to him, SPEAKS VOLUMES

Below is a post straight from a 247sports page:

---"Curious if any Mt Juliet fans here and have seen both play (Aiken has only played 1 season).

There is a supposed insider on ToS that swears PWO commit Bryan Aiken is better than Grimes. Says he's seen every snap of practice (coach? parent?) and he's undoubtedly better.

Here are their stats last year: 
Reggie Grimes: 48 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 sack 
Bryan Aiken: 81 tackles, 18.5 TFL, 5 sacks" ---

So again, somebody please explain why he couldn't put up stats against a high school offensive line? You can rule out that he was getting doubled and the other guy wasn't because they are both a handful to deal with. Yet those stats are very average for a 5 star defensive lineman that played in 13 games last season. I need somebody to break down a good reason for a 5 star, big framed guy to have those stats against smaller opponents.

Edited by thegreatone36

32 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

---"Curious if any Mt Juliet fans here and have seen both play (Aiken has only played 1 season).

There is a supposed insider on ToS that swears PWO commit Bryan Aiken is better than Grimes. Says he's seen every snap of practice (coach? parent?) and he's undoubtedly better.

So again, somebody please explain why he couldn't put up stats against a high school offensive line? You can rule out that he was getting doubled and the other guy wasn't because they are both a handful to deal with. Yet those stats are very average for a 5 star defensive lineman that played in 13 games last season. I need somebody to break down a good reason for a 5 star, big framed guy to have those stats against smaller opponents.

Exactly, he should have stood out. Or at least put up half the numbers of Bryan, double teams or not there’s no reason for 3.5 tackles for loss as a five star, especially playing the schedule we did last year.

Just now, HTV said:

Check out the offer list.  I tend to trust college coaches whose muti million dollar contracts depends on whom they bring in more than I do butt hurt internet cowboys.  

Just saying.  

Reggie Grimes' offer list

Oh yeah, because every 5 star athlete to ever make it to a big D1 school has never been a DUD before....the list means nothing to me. Show me a list of him producing. Where is that list, Butthurt Mountain HTV?

On 8/18/2019 at 8:11 PM, thegreatone36 said:

I understand that but you can also say that everybodys main goal was to stop Grimes but the other kid slide thru the cracks.