TSSAA: Reggie Grimes, No. 1 football recruit in state, ruled eligible at Ravenwood

kwc

10 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I understand that but you can also say that everybodys main goal was to stop Grimes but the other kid slide thru the cracks.

If you watch film I saw, you can see this kid run from DE position to sidelines to make tackles on several plays. So its obvious why his numbers were down! People wasn't running his way and he was fighting double teams. So kid they talking bout with D1 scholarship I bet 9 times outta 10, he would say its because of him for his good year!!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

If you watch film I saw, you can see this kid run from DE position to sidelines to make tackles on several plays. So its obvious why his numbers were down! People wasn't running his way and he was fighting double teams. So kid they talking bout with D1 scholarship I bet 9 times outta 10, he would say its because of him for his good year!!!

I bet there were quite a few teams that ran the ball away from him. Marshall county did that somewhat against Greeneville. MC found out is was going to be tough sledding.

On 8/17/2019 at 1:35 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Funny how his dad says hes glad the “distraction” is over with.... Wouldn’t taking your son from a top 5 6a program that he’s played the last 3 seasons for, right before the start of his senior season, be a huge distraction ? I sense a lot of narcissism and egotism from the “elder”. Honestly Mount Juliet didn’t need that distraction playing for them anyways.  On a side note people should look into a player from last years MJ squad named Bryan Aiken, he only played his senior year of football and dominated on the Dline next to Grimes, accumulated 4x the stats Grimes did. Now Bryan is on the Vols squad for next year. Dad must’ve been jealous of a first year player taking all the shine away from his prestigious son.

Butt hurt much?  First of all, I love my Vols but they'll take warm bodies on the d-line right now.  Secondly, I would bet that this "first year player" benefited from the steady diet of double and triple teams Grimes was getting last year.  But hey, MJGOLDENBEARS (why all caps?) must be a football savant to know more than Saban and the rest of the D1 coaches.    

1 hour ago, TeeterTot said:

Butt hurt much?  First of all, I love my Vols but they'll take warm bodies on the d-line right now.  Secondly, I would bet that this "first year player" benefited from the steady diet of double and triple teams Grimes was getting last year.  But hey, MJGOLDENBEARS (why all caps?) must be a football savant to know more than Saban and the rest of the D1 coaches.    

Tennessee finished 11th nationally in recruit rankings last year. I would say they aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to talent coming into the program, LOL.

2 hours ago, TeeterTot said:

Grimes weighed about 215 pounds at 6’4... a very lanky build. Surely he wasn’t triple teamed, but hey don’t look at any substance I put out there in my post, rather just summarize it by saying I’m “butthurt”..... not at all. I’m just calling out the facts and his dad.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

20 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Grimes weighed about 215 pounds at 6’4... a very lanky build. Surely he wasn’t triple teamed, but hey don’t look at any substance I put out there in my post, rather just summarize it by saying I’m “butthurt”..... not at all. I’m just calling out the facts and his dad.

He's the #1 recruit in TN. No way to spin out of that. Just stop. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1