Henry County @ Haywood

PatriotNation

9 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

Hats off to Haywood. They look like they’re going to be tough. My Patriots? I’m a little concerned. It’s the first game with a young team so I’m not going to overreact. 

Haywood to me looks like a trip to Cookeville awaits! That defense is legit! They have the right man at head coach a decent offense and and tremendous defense! I would like my chances if I was them! As far as these Patriots I have had a little time to process it and I think the defense played as well as I expected them to. Our offense put our defense in bad field position a few times by turning the ball over! You cannot turn the ball over that many times against a good opponent and expect to win! O-Line I have a MAJOR problem with!!! That's was a sorry excuse for blocking! Freshman looked a little rough tonight but I didnt expect a 300 yard performance either! He looked like a freshman and for me that is ok for now I have faith in that young man! My main problem is that o line has GOT to be better! Everyone knows we have some good RB's that can do damage if they get in the open space! Got to go to work Monday and get this thing figured out! It's not going to get any easier after all Beech is next!

The freshman has a chance to be decent. I do thing the athleticism and size were too much for him  ,,, they loaded the box and he couldn’t complete anything against man. And HC offense is not very imaginative either to. E honest. Maybe this fan base needs to slow down a bit on all their crap talking. I’ve listened to it for three years and haven’t seen them win yet. 

Not so fun fact: Henry County is 1-5 in its last 6 season openers, and in the lone game they won, they trailed the entire game until the final seconds. Each game was against a school from a lower classification.

That is extremely bizarre for a team that has gone 48-17 with a state championship game appearance in that timeframe.