Henry County @ Haywood

PatriotNation

2 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

The freshman has a chance to be decent. I do thing the athleticism and size were too much for him  ,,, they loaded the box and he couldn’t complete anything against man. And HC offense is not very imaginative either to. E honest. Maybe this fan base needs to slow down a bit on all their crap talking. I’ve listened to it for three years and haven’t seen them win yet. 

We’ve got our share of overzealous fans, but HC has won a bunch of games the last 3 years. Ask almost anyone around the state about the HC fanbase, though, and they’ll be quick to talk about how friendly and passionate the fan base is. 

Freshman will be better than decent, but did look like a kid starting his first game as a 9th grader. My issue with the offense isn’t a lack of creativity as the Patriots showed a lot of different formations. The fact of the matter is that every team HC faces will load the box like Haywood did tonight. I’d rather struggle with counters to that in week 1 than week 11. 

Edited by RedSwarm
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Not so fun fact: Henry County is 1-5 in its last 6 season openers, and in the lone game they won, they trailed the entire game until the final seconds. Each game was against a school from a lower classification.

That is extremely bizarre for a team that has gone 48-17 with a state championship game appearance in that timeframe. 

Sounds like they learn and make adjustments and are pretty successful thereafter.  Just my observation.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

But I will tell you this if this same team shows up against Beech, Brentwood, and Germantown you can forget about it. That will be 3 more loses. I dare anyone to argue that!

Beech won 34-20 last night over North Side

Brentwood won 9-6 over MBA

Germantown won 50-0

I think you guys will be fine!

QB absolutely looked like a freshman at time last night, I don’t know how many freshman could’ve taken the beating he took and kept going though. That was hard to watch. The Haywood DL is really good, and not taking anything away from them, but we have to fix our OL struggles. Play calling was decent, just decent. I thought the D played pretty well considering the positions they were being left in by the O. Haywood is a really good team, and much further along than we are. I think we have the opportunity to be a really good team, but it’s going to take time. GBR

On 8/22/2019 at 9:58 AM, Swarm4Life said:

If they load the box, Odoms will have four touchdowns. Patriot defense will be too much for the inexperienced offense. As mentioned earlier, turnovers/penalties will determine the outcome of this game (Of course you can say that any week, except when H.C. plays Clarksville teams where it doesn't really matter). Patriots 27 Haywood 14

This didn't age well. 

I thought Henry County's defense played very well. Not really their fault that the offense couldn't get anything going (Found out the QB was a freshman playing in his first ever high school game, now it makes sense) but I think they will put up points (#8 has to be more utilized, and #27 and #48 just need to be patient looking for running lanes) But credit Haywood's defense though, they got stops when they needed to, and made it tough on the Patriots. Only thing with Haywood is: are they gonna be able to throw it enough to keep teams from loading the box???

6 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

I thought Henry County's defense played very well. Not really their fault that the offense couldn't get anything going (Found out the QB was a freshman playing in his first ever high school game, now it makes sense) but I think they will put up points (#8 has to be more utilized, and #27 and #48 just need to be patient looking for running lanes) But credit Haywood's defense though, they got stops when they needed to, and made it tough on the Patriots. Only thing with Haywood is: are they gonna be able to throw it enough to keep teams from loading the box???

We will. Was our QB’s first start as well, he’s had playing time in years before but in a run heavy offense. He’ll get better as the season goes on. He’s show glimpses throwing the ball well

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Omaha said:

No it didn’t. Odoms wasn’t on the field much on offense either though. I assume it was because he was locked up with #4 on defense all night, but still, we definitely could’ve used him out there. #8 has to get more involved on offense too.

U are exactly right why was #8 not the RB the whole 2nd half? #27 couldnt keep his hands on the ball!! By the way did yall notice Odoms held #4 pretty much in check all night.