Game 1 Springfield @ Wilson Central

brian2000

Well it’s that time again....where does time  go? The Jackets travel to Wilson Co to take on Central for game 1. They graduated key skilled players but plenty of weapons to spark the offense. Jackets return 4 starters on the OL and a few skilled players who played a lot of snaps last season. New starter at QB who played well on defense last season as well. The defense returns several starters and will be a strength imo. Got a good group of young kickers who will get better as time goes. I don’t know much about Wilson Central but my guess.....

SHS 27

WCHS 14

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

Well it’s that time again....where does time  go? The Jackets travel to Wilson Co to take on Central for game 1. They graduated key skilled players but plenty of weapons to spark the offense. Jackets return 4 starters on the OL and a few skilled players who played a lot of snaps last season. New starter at QB who played well on defense last season as well. The defense returns several starters and will be a strength imo. Got a good group of young kickers who will get better as time goes. I don’t know much about Wilson Central but my guess.....

SHS 27

WCHS 14

I went to the jamboree at East on Friday. Coach pulled the starters pretty quick.  I wasn’t  able to see much.  We were pretty vanilla with everything on the offensive side.  Our D should be strong early on.  We are quick to the ball on the run.  I am ready for another deep playoff run.  I am hoping you nailed that score. I am thinking we have lower scoring games this year 

Edited by TheCommissioner
  • Like 1

The starters looked ready to go in the jamboree even though the competition wasn’t great. Our D appeared to be quick and swarm after the ball. I agree that our scoring could possibly dip a little. I like our experience up front and group of RBs. I have enjoyed the playoffs the last several yrs and I hope they can make another deep run.

2 hours ago, brian2000 said:

WC had a couple of 3-7 seasons but I expect their very best on Friday. I saw were Trey Aric is/was their OC....former assistant coach in Springfield. 

Glad the Wilson boys have made SHS football fun again! Go Jackets!

Yes Coach Aric was there when I played which seems like forever ago, good man, really liked him, I agree about the coaches Wilson as well, they have built a program they can sustain for years to come.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

im going 24-10 jackets. i have a feeling you will see #7 starting at qb before the season is over. I believe he is better under pressure and has better vision down field. I would move Hudson to a primarily defensive role. 

Yea I could see that. Could #5 do anything else on offense? He played well on defense last season for sure.

19 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

im going 24-10 jackets. i have a feeling you will see #7 starting at qb before the season is over. I believe he is better under pressure and has better vision down field. I would move Hudson to a primarily defensive role. 

I have not seen them at all this year but all accounts have been that #5 has been doing really well at QB, I really dont care who plays QB as long as it is the one that gives us the best chance to be successful.....

• Like 1