Lebanon at Gallatin

51 minutes ago, DwayneSherlin said:

You speak as though you were there.  You must have a lot of great memories of the way things used to go on Friday nights in Gallatin.  I know I do.  I am hopeful that th new regime running the Gallatin program will return us to those days.  Hopefully that starts tonight.  Go Big G.

I started watching Green Wave football back in the days I was a street cop in Hendersonville and dating a Lady that was a BIG Gallatin Booster.  It was during the days of Gallatin winning the Gold Ball.

It was as advertised a defensive slugfest.  Lots of penalties on both sides but a very hard hitting game.   Gallatin did what I thought they would just pound the rock.  Passing game showed up when it had too.  Lebanon will win a bunch of games this year with that defense and strong ground game.  It just was not gonna happen tonight in Watson’s debut.  

5 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

It was as advertised a defensive slugfest.  Lots of penalties on both sides but a very hard hitting game.   Gallatin did what I thought they would just pound the rock.  Passing game showed up when it had too.  Lebanon will win a bunch of games this year with that defense and strong ground game.  It just was not gonna happen tonight in Watson’s debut.  

The big thing for Lebanon is that while its only week 1 their schedule doesn't look as daunting anymore as some of their better remaining opponents didn't look so hot tonight. Mt. Juliet lost to Stewarts Creek, Hendersonville got blown out by Oakland 59-0 and Beech supposedly didnt look good either.

They should beat McGavock, LaVergne, Station Camp, Wilson Central and Rossview.

3 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

The big thing for Lebanon is that while its only week 1 their schedule doesn't look as daunting anymore as some of their better remaining opponents didn't look so hot tonight. Mt. Juliet lost to Stewarts Creek, Hendersonville got blown out by Oakland 59-0 and Beech supposedly didnt look good either.

They should beat McGavock, LaVergne, Station Camp, Wilson Central and Rossview.

I think Lebanon will be fine.  They had good crowd support and they did not look bad at all.  Gallatin just made the stops when they had to and when the Lebanon defense got tired they allowed a score.  Gallatin did not do anything fancy at all, they just pounded and pounded away at them.  Gallatin connected on a few passes that really helped.  They just missed on a few others that could have as well.  I think the kicking game was big too.  52 yard punt and a 56 yard punt the other way both flip flopped the field.