FORREST AT EAST ROBERTSON

GeneralForrest

Related image

The Eli era just arrived at the next tier

It's far too soon to say where these kids can get to. Two tough 4A opponents and five region matchups await. The natural occurrances like injuries and off-nights do as well. But last night was the most complete game on both sides, including the boys up front, the skill guys, and the coaching staff, in the last 3 years.  What a great start to the season. They took the 2018 Waverly game momentum, even in defeat, and came with a physical intensity that had this game over (at the latest) by the end of the 1st quarter. 

This is what Rocket fans thought these boys were capable of, for a long time. There had been hints of it here and there. But last night Forrest put an absolutely beatdown on a decent ER team with a GREAT player. ER will win some games this year. But they had zero chance last night. 

I got 4 "Goods", 1 "Bad", 2 "To Be Continueds", and an Epilogue:

Goods- 

1. Senior leadership. We have talked about this talented class, but they weren't always mentally as tough as needed. Or even united. Or focused. Last night they were all of that and then some. It was a VERY noticable improvement. Lots of our skill guys are seniors. They all played well. 

2. Line play. The OL unit run and pass blocked as good as any in the last 6 years.  Good assignment blocking, and some dominantly wide holes for the backs. We knew we had the skill guys. They got a lot of help from the trenchmen last night. The DL was active and in the backfield a lot. 

3. Coaching. Some great play calling offensively. Eli def had control of the game, and deserves credit for his growth as a head ball coach. I've ridden him hard, but he had these boys ready to play. Defense held Groves to one score and really gave a great effort, so Delk deserves praise as well for his preperation. I like Delk's intensity. Stacey on the sidelines, as opposed to the booth is also a welcome change, I think it made a difference. That guy knows sports. 

4. Depth. Lots of youngins got snaps last night. And there were several who looked promising. The future is brightening.   

Bad-

Approx 25 penalites. This "We gotta beat the zebras too it's like playing two teams" crap ain't gonna cut it. Clean it up. Esp the false starts and holding. You cannot give 200+ yards to the other team! 

To Be Continued- 

1. Consistency. Can these boys be mentally locked in enough to raise the bar every week. Remains to be seen but they have a 4A team coming to town Friday, Our senior leaders will be severely tested this week. It's not a Region or even 2A game, but who wants to lose to those guys? No one.

2. Adversity. How are they gonna react when something goes terribly wrong. They've tended to slump and mope some in the past. Can they rise above the tide when needed? the 2015/2016 team that went 21-4 in two years did that several times, twice against Watertown, and also against Tyner and Meigs. This group has not shown that "refuse to lose" mentality yet. But they still have a chance to do that. 

Epilogue- 

- Groves. Like watching a 10th grade Cam Newton. Great heart, body control, change of direction, and speed. Deceptive speed. Forrest hit him over and over and over. He is the real deal. 

- Roho. The manager involved in a pretty bad car accident a few weeks back. He was there and I am certian his presence meant a great deal to the team. He seems to be a great dude. He's not 100% yet, but it was really good to see him down there. 

- ER announcer. An 8.5/10 on the annoying scale. Forrest's is the best in 2A. Does EXACTLY what is needed and has a commanding voice. The BEST in 2A. Come see/hear for yourself.

See you at The Rock Friday.   

GA 

52 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Related image

The Eli era just arrived at the next tier

It's far too soon to say where these kids can get to. Two tough 4A opponents and five region matchups await. The natural occurrances like injuries and off-nights do as well. But last night was the most complete game on both sides, including the boys up front, the skill guys, and the coaching staff, in the last 3 years.  What a great start to the season. They took the 2018 Waverly game momentum, even in defeat, and came with a physical intensity that had this game over (at the latest) by the end of the 1st quarter. 

This is what Rocket fans thought these boys were capable of, for a long time. There had been hints of it here and there. But last night Forrest put an absolutely beatdown on a decent ER team with a GREAT player. ER will win some games this year. But they had zero chance last night. 

I got 4 "Goods", 1 "Bad", 2 "To Be Continueds", and an Epilogue:

Goods- 

1. Senior leadership. We have talked about this talented class, but they weren't always mentally as tough as needed. Or even united. Or focused. Last night they were all of that and then some. It was a VERY noticable improvement. Lots of our skill guys are seniors. They all played well. 

2. Line play. The OL unit run and pass blocked as good as any in the last 6 years.  Good assignment blocking, and some dominantly wide holes for the backs. We knew we had the skill guys. They got a lot of help from the trenchmen last night. The DL was active and in the backfield a lot. 

3. Coaching. Some great play calling offensively. Eli def had control of the game, and deserves credit for his growth as a head ball coach. I've ridden him hard, but he had these boys ready to play. Defense held Groves to one score and really gave a great effort, so Delk deserves praise as well for his preperation. I like Delk's intensity. Stacey on the sidelines, as opposed to the booth is also a welcome change, I think it made a difference. That guy knows sports. 

4. Depth. Lots of youngins got snaps last night. And there were several who looked promising. The future is brightening.   

Bad-

Approx 25 penalites. This "We gotta beat the zebras too it's like playing two teams" crap ain't gonna cut it. Clean it up. Esp the false starts and holding. You cannot give 200+ yards to the other team! 

To Be Continued- 

1. Consistency. Can these boys be mentally locked in enough to raise the bar every week. Remains to be seen but they have a 4A team coming to town Friday, Our senior leaders will be severely tested this week. It's not a Region or even 2A game, but who wants to lose to those guys? No one.

2. Adversity. How are they gonna react when something goes terribly wrong. They've tended to slump and mope some in the past. Can they rise above the tide when needed? the 2015/2016 team that went 21-4 in two years did that several times, twice against Watertown, and also against Tyner and Meigs. This group has not shown that "refuse to lose" mentality yet. But they still have a chance to do that. 

Epilogue- 

- Groves. Like watching a 10th grade Cam Newton. Great heart, body control, change of direction, and speed. Deceptive speed. Forrest hit him over and over and over. He is the real deal. 

- Roho. The manager involved in a pretty bad car accident a few weeks back. He was there and I am certian his presence meant a great deal to the team. He seems to be a great dude. He's not 100% yet, but it was really good to see him down there. 

- ER announcer. An 8.5/10 on the annoying scale. Forrest's is the best in 2A. Does EXACTLY what is needed and has a commanding voice. The BEST in 2A. Come see/hear for yourself.

See you at The Rock Friday.   

GA 

Why can I not find yalls game on YouTube?