Covington @ Munford - 8/23/19

CHARGERFAN

The Chargers open at 5A Munford. These teams would each like to get a win for in-county bragging rights. I have to think that Covington is favored by double digits, but in 2017 Munford beat us at their place. Covington went on to run the table the rest of the way until the 3A title game vs. Alcoa. So, these rivalry games are not always chalk.

Munford had Dyersburg down 7-0 at the half of the jamboree Friday, and if I'm not mistaken, D'burg had no first downs. With all the subs that the teams were playing in the second half, D'burg came back and scored 3 times in the second half to win the scrimmage. 

I was impressed with Munford. Their QB made some good plays with his feet, and their running backs did well too.

What's your opinion?

7 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

The Chargers open at 5A Munford. These teams would each like to get a win for in-county bragging rights. I have to think that Covington is favored by double digits, but in 2017 Munford beat us at their place. Covington went on to run the table the rest of the way until the 3A title game vs. Alcoa. So, these rivalry games are not always chalk.

Munford had Dyersburg down 7-0 at the half of the jamboree Friday, and if I'm not mistaken, D'burg had no first downs. With all the subs that the teams were playing in the second half, D'burg came back and scored 3 times in the second half to win the scrimmage. 

I was impressed with Munford. Their QB made some good plays with his feet, and their running backs did well too.

What's your opinion?

Munford’s band will mercy rule Covington’s band. That’s the only good news for Munford in this one. I’ll take covington 28-7. 

• Like 1

Yeah, we've got no answer if it comes down to a "battle of the bands". 

You know, I told a Munford mom once "Munford could have a good football team if you got some of those 300 lb tuba players to play football instead." She said "one of those tuba players is my son". I took my foot out of my mouth and walked away.

10 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Yeah, we've got no answer if it comes down to a "battle of the bands". 

You know, I told a Munford mom once "Munford could have a good football team if you got some of those 300 lb tuba players to play football instead." She said "one of those tuba players is my son". I took my foot out of my mouth and walked away.

I know your new band director Chris Butner. He is young but has some experience. He should do a good job for you guys. 

I do hope the weather will behave for all of the games tonight.

However,  there will be thunder and lightning in south Tipton County.  Thunder from that loud and awesome Munford band, and lightning from what I hope to be an even more awesome Charger football team.  Tennessee high school football is great!

Good luck to the #1 Covington fan and the Covington Chargers.

Edited by stacmot
misspelled word

10 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I do hope the weather will behave for all of the games tonight.

However,  there will be thunder and lightning in south Tipton County.  Thunder from that loud and awesome Munford band, and lightning from what I hope to be an even more awesome Charger football team.  Tennessee high school football is great!

Good luck to the #1 Covington fan and the Covington Chargers.

Thanks, stacmot. I hope that you are correct.

BTW, I remember a few years ago, Covington was playing y'all in Brownsville and the game got delayed by lightning. The delay lasted so long that even this die-hard fan left and went home. The game eventually resumed and I listened to the end on FM 93.5 out of Covington.

Who is Haywood playing tonight?  

Edited by CHARGERFAN