Covington @ Munford - 8/23/19

CHARGERFAN

2 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Thanks, stacmot. I hope that you are correct.

BTW, I remember a few years ago, Covington was playing y'all in Brownsville and the game got delayed by lightning. The delay lasted so long that even this die-hard fan left and went home. The game eventually resumed and I listened to the end on FM 93.5 out of Covington.

Who is Haywood playing tonight?  

I don't remember that game, but I am getting old, so I do have some memory lapses every now and then. One of the last Covington games I remember was several years ago.  Coach Stowe was at Haywood then, and we had designated the Covington game as homecoming.  That really made the Charger fans and team mad.  However, Haywood won in overtime.  In fact, I actually think it was double overtime.   It was a great game to watch.

I know region games and in-county and other rivalries are hard to schedule around, but I sure do wish the Covington-Haywood rivalry could be renewed.  Win or lose,  I always looked forward to the Covington game.

We play Henry County in Brownsville tonight.  A tough game for a season opener (especially after graduating so many seniors), but with Haywood's new coaching staff, I'm highly optimistic for a better disciplined, physical, and motivated team.

1 minute ago, stacmot said:

I don't remember that game, but I am getting old, so I do have some memory lapses every now and then. One of the last Covington games I remember was several years ago.  Coach Stowe was at Haywood then, and we had designated the Covington game as homecoming.  That really made the Charger fans and team mad.  However, Haywood won in overtime.  In fact, I actually think it was double overtime.   It was a great game to watch.

I know region games and in-county and other rivalries are hard to schedule around, but I sure do wish the Covington-Haywood rivalry could be renewed.  Win or lose,  I always looked forward to the Covington game.

We play Henry County in Brownsville tonight.  A tough game for a season opener (especially after graduating so many seniors), but with Haywood's new coaching staff, I'm highly optimistic for a better disciplined, physical, and motivated team.

Good luck to y'all versus Henry County. I know that they are always tough. I live on the Tipton-Haywood county line and my dad was a Haywood grad, so I pull for y'all against anybody but my Chargers. The Tomcats always have good athletes, so hopefully this coaching staff will get the best out of them.   

1 minute ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Good luck to y'all versus Henry County. I know that they are always tough. I live on the Tipton-Haywood county line and my dad was a Haywood grad, so I pull for y'all against anybody but my Chargers. The Tomcats always have good athletes, so hopefully this coaching staff will get the best out of them.   

Thanks for your support and good luck wishes.  I grew up about 7 miles from the Haywood-Tipton county line, and I'm always pulling for Covington against anybody but Haywood.  Good luck Chargers!

So, the Chargers played everybody in the second half. Running clock and nobody scored after halftime. The Covington defense still is playing at Championship level. As far as I could tell, we held Munford without a first down all night (except once they drew us offside, but no first downs gained from scrimmage).

• Like 1