2019 Single A discussion

Rockstar89

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown much better overall but Loretto got 2 studs that if get out of rotation allows Summertown to run off several points .Both be hard to handle Stown just a little more consistent across the board 

But what was different last night as opposed to 5 days ago when Stown lost 3-0? 

South Greene's powerful front line did its job last night. So did the reliable, consistent back row and setters in beating Meigs County.

According to The Greeneville Sun, SG  25-9, 25-10 and 25-14. Also, The Sun said that this is only the second year that MC has played volleyball. Still, they had a good season record and were ranked. My opinion is that this team is young, with many of the players looking long and lanky—like volleyball players.  With a bit more coaching, they should improve.

If SG plays as well as they did last night, they should do well in the state tournament.

Edited by Americal198
accuracy

On 10/17/2019 at 7:13 PM, Apostle said:

I'll take the following to advance to the "A" State Tournament:

South Greene

Sale Creek

Van Buren Co. 

Watertown

Loretto

Summertown

Halls

Memphis East

Five out of eight is pretty good.

Gatlinburg gave South Greene a tough time Tuesday night. GP's back row could handle SG's spikes. It was a bit of a surprise that GP beat Van Buren, a highly ranked team, but not that much.

Gatlinburg-Pittman played Sullivan North five sets prior to playing four sets with South Greene that night. If they were tired, it sure didn't show.

South Greene's Twitter page said South Greene will play Halls on Tuesday morning. I don't know anything about Halls, but I'm kinda glad it's not going to be Gatlinburg-Pittman! Beware Gatlinburg.

Edited by Americal198
accuracy

15 hours ago, Americal198 said:

South Greene's powerful front line did its job last night. So did the reliable, consistent back row and setters in beating Meigs County.

According to The Greeneville Sun, SG  25-9, 25-10 and 25-14. Also, The Sun said that this is only the second year that MC has played volleyball. Still, they had a good season record and were ranked. My opinion is that this team is young, with many of the players looking long and lanky—like volleyball players.  With a bit more coaching, they should improve.

If SG plays as well as they did last night, they should do well in the state tournament.

The Meigs girls had a good year considering none of them had played volleyball before last year, they lose one senior that started, so they should do good next year. Maybe with a few camps they can improve. 

south Greene is by far the best team we have played all year, very impressive.