2019 Single A discussion

Rockstar89

7 hours ago, Apostle said:

I think both Rockstar and I picked 6 of 8 finalists. I predict the "A" State Champ will come from the grouping of South Greene, Harpeth or Summertown.  Keep an eye out for the Rogers kid at Harpeth (I don't know her uniform #)

"Upon further review" I stand corrected. I originally posted six of eight, then  went back and edited for some reason. This reminds me of the golf tee game at Cracker Barrel. Six out of eight would make you two "Pretty darn smart" with me being the eg-na-ra-moose. LOL.

Edited by Americal198
spelling

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/20/2019 at 7:35 AM, Apostle said:

I think both Rockstar and I picked 6 of 8 finalists. I predict the "A" State Champ will come from the grouping of South Greene, Harpeth or Summertown.  Keep an eye out for the Rogers kid at Harpeth (I don't know her uniform #)

Great kid. Out of curiosity, Do you know her Apostle?

The 2nd Single A team eliminated is Memphis East who fell to Harpeth 3-0. We’re down to 6!

Halls vs. Gatlinburg-Pittman

Harpeth vs. South Greene

Summertown vs. Watertown 

I’ve seen them all and I would say Summertown has the best shot, but they haven’t really been tested yet. Watertown should do just that. That game is gonna be rockin’. Both have great, fun fan bases. 
While Watertown has been fairly solid, if you look at the scores, they played a lot of very close sets all day. A few plays here and there and they could easily be on the outside looking in. If they don’t play perfect against Summertown, they could get blown out. That said, if they can keep Summertown out of system and keep the ball away from their OH, it could be a long day for Summertown. It’s why we play the game!!!

Harpeth hasn’t given anyone near their best yet...still waiting for the team that mauled Loretto last week to show up.  

I wasn’t really impressed by Gatlinburg, Halls or South Greene, but would say South Greene is the better of the 3. 

Tomorrow will be a great day of ball!