2019 Single A discussion

Rockstar89

16 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

Five out of eight is pretty good.

Gatlinburg gave South Greene a tough time Tuesday night. GP's back row could handle SG's spikes. It was a bit of a surprise that GP beat Van Buren, a highly ranked team, but not that much.

Gatlinburg-Pittman played Sullivan North five sets prior to playing four sets with South Greene that night. If they were tired, it sure didn't show.

South Greene's Twitter page said South Greene will play Halls on Tuesday morning. I don't know anything about Halls, but I'm kinda glad it's not going to be Gatlinburg-Pittman! Beware Gatlinburg.

To be honest I thought GP would beat VBC because GP played SG close. VBC had one good hitter. Meigs just made to many unforced mistakes against them. VBC and Meigs are pretty close, I actually think Meigs will win the region next year.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

The Meigs girls had a good year considering none of them had played volleyball before last year, they lose one senior that started, so they should do good next year. Maybe with a few camps they can improve. 

south Greene is by far the best team we have played all year, very impressive.

59 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

To be honest I thought GP would beat VBC because GP played SG close. VBC had one good hitter. Meigs just made to many unforced mistakes against them. VBC and Meigs are pretty close, I actually think Meigs will win the region next year.

A few camps and more coaching should do the trick. The talent is there. Good luck to your team!

South Greene vs Halls

Sale Creek vs Summertown

Harpeth vs Watertown

Gat-Pittman vs. Memphis East

In my opinion it’s who shows up, and when, against who. :-)   I think there are 5 teams that can compete: Harpeth, Summertown, Watertown, Sale Creek and South Greene. A couple of tough matchups in that first round. 

24 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

South Greene vs Halls

Sale Creek vs Summertown

Harpeth vs Watertown

Gat-Pittman vs. Memphis East

In my opinion it’s who shows up, and when, against who. :-)   I think there are 5 teams that can compete: Harpeth, Summertown, Watertown, Sale Creek and South Greene. A couple of tough matchups in that first round. 

Agreed. Plus there will not be "home field advantage." South Greene is making its 11th straight appearance, which means everyone on the team, except for the Freshmen, has made the trip to the tournament at least once. If you are lucky enough to see the games, keep an eye on Sophomore #4 Addison Williams.

6 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Agreed. Plus there will not be "home field advantage." South Greene is making its 11th straight appearance, which means everyone on the team, except for the Freshmen, has made the trip to the tournament at least once. If you are lucky enough to see the games, keep an eye on Sophomore #4 Addison Williams.

I’ll be there and will keep my eye out. 11 times is impressive. This is only the 2nd time Harpeth has been to the state tourney. (First time was 2014 in AA) We have 5 very focused Seniors having fun and ready to make a run! I’m looking forward to a great week of games!

4 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

I’ll be there and will keep my eye out. 11 times is impressive. This is only the 2nd time Harpeth has been to the state tourney. (First time was 2014 in AA) We have 5 very focused Seniors having fun and ready to make a run! I’m looking forward to a great week of games!

A WEEK of games? I'm envious. Here's hoping you have a great time. You might fill us in on your observations. They are appreciated in advance,