Whitwell @ East Ridge Wed and @ Bledsoe on Sat

rlh

8 hours ago, sportman said:

I just let the Whitwell people enjoy there championship for the year and let them talk about how good a team this was. ER might be pretty good, but last years Whitwell bunch would have waxed this bunch.  I'm telling you, the five headed monster that Whitwell had last year were a great bunch and I knew what was going to happen. Sometimes you just have to let people talk and they will incriminate themselves.  Plus there head coach was something special to, so let's not forget that. It's like my Mama use to say, son your getting to big for your britches. Welcome back to reality Whitwell. Take this game and learn from it or it will be a very long season and the stands will once again be very lonely on game night. 

Bingo. It would’ve been bad those kids last year would put it in them for sure lol 

i watched the film and it just looks like it was a bad night. Can’t be having bad nights and still expect to win anymore. ER did have a huge speed advantage for though. #2 from Bledsoe will have a field day with whitwell if they can’t contain speed. 

5 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

Bingo. It would’ve been bad those kids last year would put it in them for sure lol 

i watched the film and it just looks like it was a bad night. Can’t be having bad nights and still expect to win anymore. ER did have a huge speed advantage for though. #2 from Bledsoe will have a field day with whitwell if they can’t contain speed. 

Totally agree about #2 from Bledsoe

9 hours ago, My12thAcct said:

Yeah... I disagree. ER would win a state championship every year if we were 1A. This years team should go .500% if they keep playing well. Whitwell had a once in a generation class of kids leave the program after last season. That being said I still do not think they would have beaten a 3 win East Ridge if they played last year. 

The talent gap was too wide for Whitwell to compete. We had too much speed on defense and used our field position well. Whitwell had a decent punter but he did shank a couple that gave the pioneers the ball around the 50 yard line.

The East Ridge players were fired up for this one especially. Whitwell has a lot of our coaches that were on the undefeated regular season team a few years back. I think our kids wanted to prove something... and to me they did.

ER would get thumped like City did when they got thrown into 1A with SP et al.  In fact, just a few years ago ER got their butts handed to them by Lookout Valley.  That's all I have to say about that.

6 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I believe the old coach screwed up the schedule. I was told they scheduled both teams for the same date. 

The new coach didn't pay attention to how to you a calendar or order travel jerseys.  Its on him as much as I would like to hang it on Bolting Bolden.

4 hours ago, WingoVFL said:

So are you calling Whitwell over SP?