Greeneville at Powell Thursday Night | Who You Got?

keepitmoving

6 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Love Coach Spradlen. ( He got his start coaching DB's my senior year at GHS).  I also don't think we hold Powell close to 3.  This isn't some NE TN team and the last time Greeneville played a team from knox co we got put out of the 2016 play-offs by a hail mary TD pass for the Knox Central win and appearance in state that year. Powell has athletes and Greeneville has athletes.  The big question is who is going to dominate the line of scrimmage?  Off the last 2 Greeneville teams Line you had an ETSU DE Signee, Walter State Baseball Player Signee, ETSU O line Signee, UVA-Wise OL Signee but return your best lineman in recent history or maybe ever at Greeneville in Chris Everhart the Marshall OL commit who is a road grader at 6'3 315lbs and very athletic DT/OL (Had a Diving pick last year on a screen play)

Eddie is a good guy.  I started covering high school football when Eddie was playing at Powell. My son played along side his younger brother on the defense at Powell.   Great family.  

Don't disagree with your take.  

That said, Powell has a lot of new kids in the program who have a chance to be difference makers, and a 3 year starter at QB who is a tremendous athlete and a really smart kid.  He's an ETSU baseball verbal who has a chance to be taken in the baseball draft next June.  

Should be a great game, and one that could go either way.  Like I said, I only favor Powell because of the home field.   

17 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Ya 3 points if far feched for sure.  Will be a great game in my opinion.  I heard Greeneville's O-line vs DB in the scrimmage a couple weeks back got WORKED!  Reports said 1 vs 1 DB did not even throw the ball, just ran it down Greeneville's throat 80 yards down the field for the score.  Now it is a scrimmage and how many 1's played or didn't play dont' know, but it was 1 vs 1.  Im sure Greeneville will be fine up front though.  I believe it will come down to QB play.  What QB from each team is going to show up.  Powell QB can be very good when on, and Greeneville has a new QB playing in his first game.  The team that wins will be because of QB play and decision making. 

Yes Greeneville did get beat by DB in their scrimmage.  Greeneville also played their base package the whole time and left out starters that will play Thursday (Might have something to do with having to share that game and the Farragut scrimmage with Powell). I know all about Trusley and have since last year since I live in Knoxville and keep up with all the high schools around here and he is a dang good athlete.  That is were you are wrong Greeneville's QB Gregg started for Catholic last year when Jancek got hurt  and was 32-for-57 passing for 561 yards, four TDs and two interceptions

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

Yes Greeneville did get beat by DB in their scrimmage.  Greeneville also played their base package the whole time and left out starters that will play Thursday (Might have something to do with having to share that game and the Farragut scrimmage with Powell). I know all about Trusley and have since last year since I live in Knoxville and keep up with all the high schools around here and he is a dang good athlete.  That is were you are wrong Greeneville's QB Gregg started for Catholic last year when Jancek got hurt  and was 32-for-57 passing for 561 yards, four TDs and two interceptions

You forget who Greg was throwing to also.  He had a power 5 WR T.Winton, and Butch Jones kid who was a very good WR and signed with Eastern Michigan.  Not to mention a STUD offensive line, that all are going to play power 5 football.  That makes a HUGE difference.  I am not to familiar thought with Greeneville and their lineup though.  But I doubt Greg has the same weapons, and OL that Catholic had last year on this years Greeneville team?  I do hope all play well on both sides of the ball and both teams come away injury free.  It is going to be a great game for sure.

14 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

You forget who Greg was throwing to also.  He had a power 5 WR T.Winton, and Butch Jones kid who was a very good WR and signed with Eastern Michigan.  Not to mention a STUD offensive line, that all are going to play power 5 football.  That makes a HUGE difference.  I am not to familiar thought with Greeneville and their lineup though.  But I doubt Greg has the same weapons, and OL that Catholic had last year on this years Greeneville team?  I do hope all play well on both sides of the ball and both teams come away injury free.  It is going to be a great game for sure.

He has some pretty darn good studs to throw to at Greeneville as well!

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

He has some pretty darn good studs to throw to at Greeneville as well!

That may be.  I always say Greeneville re-loads instead of re-builds.  The O line was WAY different at Catholic than what Greeneville has.  That is the biggest difference.  You have to have time to throw to get it to your WR.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

That may be.  I always say Greeneville re-loads instead of re-builds.  The O line was WAY different at Catholic than what Greeneville has.  That is the biggest difference.  You have to have time to throw to get it to your WR.  

Defensive fronts are also way different in Dl