Alcoa vs Blackman

Jar2h

1 hour ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I totally agree! So whoever looking at blackman crazy for losing to Alcoa don't know football. Alcoa and PC are not just any 3A football team, so losing to either team is not anything to be ashamed of. 

PC aint scared thats for sure. can't say the same about alot of other schools

I figured Blackman had a chance going into that game because their line might match up with Alcoa which it did most times because of size and depth but their passing was horrible and defensive coverage on the pass was one of the worst I've ever seen. There was two times Alcoa could have called for a fair catch on a pass reception they were so open. A real good passing team will set them a blaze for sure.

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I figured Blackman had a chance going into that game because their line might match up with Alcoa which it did most times because of size and depth but their passing was horrible and defensive coverage on the pass was one of the worst I've ever seen. There was two times Alcoa could have called for a fair catch on a pass reception they were so open. A real good passing team will set them a blaze for sure.

Blackman D was selling out on the ground game. run blitz, different schemes, could be part of the reason for some of the open receivers.

I've got to give credit to our D for some of BHS passing problems. Our DBs played well and had tight coverage.

14 hours ago, REBELRON said:

I cracked up reading the article in the times Sunday morning. Reporter made it sound like Alcoa was outnumbered 3 1 in players. Rankin must have those guys brainwashed.  Alcoa is as talented as any team in Tennessee. They dress 90 players almost every year now. 

I counted 58 Alcoa players Saturday.  But, I have never claimed to be very smart.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, REBELRON said:

I cracked up reading the article in the times Sunday morning. Reporter made it sound like Alcoa was outnumbered 3 1 in players. Rankin must have those guys brainwashed.  Alcoa is as talented as any team in Tennessee. They dress 90 players almost every year now. 

Alcoa enrollment is around 660. Blackman enrollment is around 2100. Alcoa was outnumbered 3.18 to 1.

On 8/27/2019 at 6:23 PM, REBELRON said:

No, not this year. We are in the 60 to 65+ range this year. One note is Rankin has always dressed freshman on Friday night. These usually number around 25 to 35.  Maybe someone still close to the program can comment on whether or not he has stopped dressing all the freshmen? 

2 minutes ago, scots50 said:

No, not this year. We are in the 60 to 65+ range this year. One note is Rankin has always dressed freshman on Friday night. These usually number around 25 to 35.  Maybe someone still close to the program can comment on whether or not he has stopped dressing all the freshmen? 

Yes sir! All were dressed. I think we have 67 total on the roster this year.

Edited by Throwdeslant