Laussane 22 Mayfield 45

OntopofthewestKY

My take is that the score was much closer than the game, Mayfield was able to get a  lead of 38-7 and took the foot of the gas.  I predicted a 3 score game on here before the game.  This is a pretty good Mayfield team or will be by playoff time if they can avoid injury.  Mayfield has played for a state title 9 out of the last 10 years and I think this could turn out to be one of their top 2-4 teams.  Last year Lausanne would have been only a slight favorite.  unapproved website had Lausanne by 3 and the team that beat us by 7 Max picked to beat Lausanne.  Next year Lausanne should be a huge favorite as Mayfield will have the largest rebuilding effort in the last 15 years.  Plus Lausanne is young, give those guys another year and they will be pretty darn good.  good luck the rest of the way

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wpsd tv normally does gridiron glory,  local news station.. https://www.wpsdlocal6.com/gridiron-glory---part/video_39acbf1c-c623-11e9-ac61-7f135c039986.html

Very minimal vid this time, not sure why it was the biggest game in area fri. Usally they do a better job with our highlights...

I think enrollment is around 460, 220 male.. our numbers have risen slightley over the past few years.. in early 2000's my graduating class had 71 kids in it..

Hard arguing turnovers.. several were caused.. all but one fumble think it was bobbled by qb on a pitch , but the rest were hard hits.. the interceptions one was a poorly thrown ball that mighta been caused with pressure  the other was just good coverage on mayfield.. 

Laussane is still a good team an honestly prob the best we will play all year.. if we woulda kept all starters in it prob coulda been a lot worse..  i hate when coach Morris does that.. makes the game look closer but thats what give younger kids experience.. trust me we are going to need it come next year.. we loose everything.. but it will still be a good game .. 

Oh an to the fella that was blabbin about d-1 .. i cant remember the last time we had a d1 kid.. lol..  just a bunch of avg kids that push 110%..

3 hours ago, OntopofthewestKY said:

Wpsd tv normally does gridiron glory,  local news station.. https://www.wpsdlocal6.com/gridiron-glory---part/video_39acbf1c-c623-11e9-ac61-7f135c039986.html

Very minimal vid this time, not sure why it was the biggest game in area fri. Usally they do a better job with our highlights...

I think enrollment is around 460, 220 male.. our numbers have risen slightley over the past few years.. in early 2000's my graduating class had 71 kids in it..

Hard arguing turnovers.. several were caused.. all but one fumble think it was bobbled by qb on a pitch , but the rest were hard hits.. the interceptions one was a poorly thrown ball that mighta been caused with pressure  the other was just good coverage on mayfield.. 

Laussane is still a good team an honestly prob the best we will play all year.. if we woulda kept all starters in it prob coulda been a lot worse..  i hate when coach Morris does that.. makes the game look closer but thats what give younger kids experience.. trust me we are going to need it come next year.. we loose everything.. but it will still be a good game .. 

Oh an to the fella that was blabbin about d-1 .. i cant remember the last time we had a d1 kid.. lol..  just a bunch of avg kids that push 110%..

Definitely not trying to say that turnovers are the reason for the outcome - sorry if it came off that way. Again, I did not see the game and by all indications Mayfield  dominated. I was just saying Lausanne did not help themselves with the turnovers. I would imagine the Lausanne staff and players take this as a learning opportunity and get better from it. 

9 hours ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Definitely not trying to say that turnovers are the reason for the outcome - sorry if it came off that way. Again, I did not see the game and by all indications Mayfield  dominated. I was just saying Lausanne did not help themselves with the turnovers. I would imagine the Lausanne staff and players take this as a learning opportunity and get better from it. 

No, no .. i understood ya..  i was just saying...  it did hurt them as it would anyone most of the time bc we capitalized on them.. but it wasnt like they were just dropping the ball for us to take or throwing it right to us.. i agree this game helps both teams get better...i hope it continues....