Gibson County @ Westview

GCPioneer

5 hours ago, BLACKFRIDAY said:

Should be a very interesting game.

GC should probably work on defending the pass this week. lol

You will see games where McConnell just pounds that ball right down a teams throat believe it or not out of spread formations ...right up until he sucks em in then throws for 350 yards and 4 tds:p  yall got a good one

5 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Lets hear it....

You will see a unique offense this week.  I never seen anyone else use it.  seems like 5 or 6 different plays and that should be easy enough to defend..until you realise his QB has 7 ways to KILL you out of each play. So glad he left our rival..he was there 5 years we lost 5 years and after an 11 year and 14 of 15 games  winning steak that is hard to swallow.First year he left we win..ya us.    Also Glad WV isnt on our schedule for the first time in a few years.

I am also familiar with your coach...ya'll run the veer correct?   little known fact Matt McConnell is a defensive coach  was a DC every where he went  he is good at it too.

Good luck  to everyone on that WV schedule from a Camden  fan

Edited by Beagle

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

You will see a unique offense this week.  I never seen anyone else use it.  seems like 5 or 6 different plays and that should be easy enough to defend..until you realise his QB has 7 ways to KILL you out of each play. So glad he left our rival..he was there 5 years we lost 5 years and after an 11 year and 14 of 15 games  winning steak that is hard to swallow.First year he left we win..ya us.    Also Glad WV isnt on our schedule for the first time in a few years.

I am also familiar with your coach...ya'll run the veer correct?   little known fact Matt McConnell is a defensive coach  was a DC every where he went  he is good at it too.

Good luck  to everyone on that WV schedule from a Camden  fan

We scrimmaged Waverly last year, and they beat us pretty good in that scrimmage. He did have more weapons at Waverly than he currently does at Westview, but he’s also got one of the best QB’s in the state now. I am not real thrilled about playing Westview for the next two years. The one thing that does give me hope for this game is that our defense is pretty stinkin good.

12 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

We scrimmaged Waverly last year, and they beat us pretty good in that scrimmage. He did have more weapons at Waverly than he currently does at Westview, but he’s also got one of the best QB’s in the state now. I am not real thrilled about playing Westview for the next two years. The one thing that does give me hope for this game is that our defense is pretty stinkin good.

It should be very similar from what you guys saw from waverly.  I think this qb is suppose to be better than stanfill.  Seems like I remember people saying he had verbal commit to Michigan in like 8th grade 

2 hours ago, Tide21 said:

It should be very similar from what you guys saw from waverly.  I think this qb is suppose to be better than stanfill.  Seems like I remember people saying he had verbal commit to Michigan in like 8th grade 

This...and WV has weapons I assure you. The RB and QB were freshman last year.  

2 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

His QB at Waverly was defending 2a Mr Football last year...he was not chopped liver.

On 8/24/2019 at 10:12 AM, Goldenpride said:

West view will make a lot of noise with this group coming up. GC is better on defense than Dresden 

I was told Westview's defense isn't very good, but offense is really good. If Gibson can get the run game going this week, we will be right in the game.

23 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I was told Westview's defense isn't very good, but offense is really good. If Gibson can get the run game going this week, we will be right in the game.

That’s part of the problem with the offense McConnell runs. They score so quick it leaves the defense on the field more than usual and they get worn out. When he was at waverly everyone said the same thing about their defense and I believe it’s a result of the way the offense works.