Underdog teams.

Yeti

Just wanted to tip a hat at the teams that were underdogs and somehow managed to pull out a victory. For me this is The Tellico Plains Bears. They beat Sequoyah yesterday in the first game of the season with both teams having a new head coach. Tellico had a decent offensive showing in the Jamboree as well against Loudon scoring on the first drive. It's been a long time since I've seen them look good. And I think it's been since 2009 since they beat Sequoyah. They may not ever see this but a congratulations are in order to the new coach and the team.

2A Tellico 28

4A Sequoyah 0

• Like 3

Just now, rtl112 said:

Warburg didn't pull the upset but played us hard and will surprise a few people.  The QB that didn't play last year due to a season ending injury really impressed me last night.  I had heard a lot about him and he impressed me.  

Who do you play this week. 

31 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Warburg didn't pull the upset but played us hard and will surprise a few people.  The QB that didn't play last year due to a season ending injury really impressed me last night.  I had heard a lot about him and he impressed me.  

Wartburg was more of a challenge for us last year then they normally were. We kinda started slow and pulled away late. They had a athletic qb last year, but I think hes graduated.

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Wartburg was more of a challenge for us last year then they normally were. We kinda started slow and pulled away late. They had a athletic qb last year, but I think hes graduated.

He was the back up to this kid and he did graduate but this kid is a true QB.  He picked us apart in the second half. My senior year we beat Wartburg only by 6 after being a heavy favorite and we went on to go undefeated.  Maybe this is a Good omen.

Just now, rtl112 said:

He was the back up to this kid and he did graduate but this kid is a true QB.  He picked us apart in the second half. My senior year we beat Wartburg only by 6 after being a heavy favorite and we went on to go undefeated.  Maybe this is a Good omen.

I look forward to their region play this year. They beat Cumberland Gap for the 4th spot to make playoffs last year. I wonder if they'll have any luck with the region this year.

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I look forward to their region play this year. They beat Cumberland Gap for the 4th spot to make playoffs last year. I wonder if they'll have any luck with the region this year.

I doubt it. I see them 4th again or maybe 3rd but I believe they were improved.  You guys should be the clear favorite then Oneida I do believe.   Warburg could give some teams problems who have weak secondaries.  Its hard to gage teams at this point of the year.  Thinking about coming to see Meigs play this week,  ain't ever had the pleasure.

22 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

I doubt it. I see them 4th again or maybe 3rd but I believe they were improved.  You guys should be the clear favorite then Oneida I do believe.   Warburg could give some teams problems who have weak secondaries.  Its hard to gage teams at this point of the year.  Thinking about coming to see Meigs play this week,  ain't ever had the pleasure.

Come on, you got time and nice weather. Try to recruit some more people that post for us lol.