HUNTINGDON @ WAVERLY

footballover

8 minutes ago, Safesquezze said:

Huntington will score at will against Waverly. It will be running clock for sure. Waverly’s defense looked a little better than last year but the talent on offense and coaching are both way down from last year. Waverly looks to be headed back to a non playoff team quickly. 

Ouch

Edited by rlh

32 minutes ago, MayoBottomHermit said:

Weak play calling has cost Huntingdon 2 trips to the semifinals. I will never be convinced otherwise. This group of boys do not deserve for it to happen for a 3rd time. 

Big win over county rival and you’re already calling for coaches heads? And why is this group more deserving than any other group? Oh I forgot their on a mission. 100 degree heat and 5:30 practices. 

Huntingdon has some great talent on the field, and with 18 starting seniors should be a great team this year. Coaching and play calling has been our achilles heal the past two years in the playoffs and it is not fair to these kids who work their butts off to get to that point in the season. As for Waverly, I see the stangs getting the win and if they can work out the fumble itis this week it should be a running clock. Mustang defense is very tough as McKenzie found out, prayers for the player who got injured. We have a group of kids who likes to hit and will hit very hard, I lost count of the banged up guys last night. 

2 minutes ago, horse said:

Big win over county rival and you’re already calling for coaches heads? And why is this group more deserving than any other group? Oh I forgot their on a mission. 100 degree heat and 5:30 practices. 

I didn’t call for anyone’s head. I called for them to use theirs. Maybe find out where the fire extinguisher is before the fire. The reason I am saying this is because of the work this team has put in. Heck the coaches too! I want them all to succeed. 

46 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Honestly in 2014 the year we won state it cost Huntingdon. They had us beat in the 2nd half, and the fumble and bad play calling resulted in quick scores 

We were down at half against every team we played that year.  Also every team we played in the playoffs was better than Marion county kinda crazy 

Edited by Tide21

10 minutes ago, horse said:

Hey man, if Huntingdon is content on winning the county championship. Throw a single pass a game. Congrats at the end of the season on beating Mckenzie and Bruceton. We ain’t playing for that mess! You must have moved in here from Clarksburg.

1 minute ago, MayoBottomHermit said:

Hey man, if Huntingdon is content on winning the county championship. Throw a single pass a game. Congrats at the end of the season on beating Mckenzie and Bruceton. We ain’t playing for that mess! You must have moved in here from Clarksburg.

I’ve been trying to figure this out for a few years. Yep, horse is definitely from Clarksburg. Haha