HUNTINGDON @ WAVERLY

footballover

On 8/24/2019 at 10:11 AM, Croppygenius said:

I expect a tough hardnosed game. Mustangs backs are exceptional. #9 Ensley is as good as any player that has ever worn the blue and gold and that's saying a lot. He just refuses to lose. #13 Lawton is also a big time running back. He's a threat to take it to the house any time he touches it. Patient, smart running back. Yall gonna have fish for us Friday night. Huntingdon fans are Friday night fish eaters.

Sorry Croppy no fish fry this week it's gonna be at our last home game this year. Tiger fans hope we can make a game of it this week but didn't play well this past Friday.

11 minutes ago, Tigers6056 said:

We lost the key players from last year and the ones we have this year didn't get alot of game reps last year so I expected a few mistakes from those early in the year. Don't know any team that wouldn't be in a little panick mode after losing their starting QB at halftime Vandy. I didn't like the outcome of the game anymore than anyone in Waverly and that includes the players and coaches but I'm gonna them an opportunity to get things cleaned up. 

Your qb this year got hurt ? 

4 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

I get what VF1 is saying though !!! Waverly still has pieces that should make for a solid team and to loose to Camden would we really feel a bit different ? NOPE . People talk crap about the Tide is cocky we post to many hype videos amd yep another 4 k pro done video just dropped but we put in the blood sweat and tears to get better !!! VF1 knows his team amd he sees something that he dont like he will say it so something needs to change this Waverly team still fields to much talent to start 0-2 !!! Coach needs to realize he aint in Whiwull no more and gets these WC Tigers roarin again !!! 

To be honest, it wouldn't matter if he were in Whiwull other than they might be 0 - 1 right now instead of 0 - 2.

Edited by rlh

Truth is Waverly played like crap. The OL which was supposed to be great laid a big fat egg. Boldin said it best in an interview the week before. He hopes the OL plays as good as they think they are... and they didnt. To be senior stacked on the OL and DL they sure didn’t look like it. Running down field turning around looking for someone to block and not blocking anyone. Not staying on blocks. With the size and strength Waverly has up front and in their backs, Waverly should have been able to run at free will. No we don’t have a JD Dixon or anything remotely close but we have size and strength and experience in our OL and Backs. I’d be feeding Stewart and G Stanfield the rock and put a good boot up the OL butt. 

In defense of Boldin (Vandy) I’d say his game plan was shot when the QB went out. I’d say his offensive scheme for his big package with Stanfield at QB was minimal. So for him to have to run a non QB for the entire rest of the game probably was not prepared for that, hence they play calling. I’d say they will be better prepared in the future if Brooks goes down again.

Turnovers killed Waverly in the first half. If not for the pick 6 this game would be different, along with 2 fumbles lost.

Camden was not good. 

Waverlys defensive secondary was non existent. There was no one within 5 yards of a receiver. And did not set the Edge well with run. 

A lot to fix and clean up. I know Boldin is a great coach and will do well. He will get things that need to be fixed fixed. But I do not believe it will be enough to stop Huntingdons offense. 

Luckily for Waverly Region play is pretty weak. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tigers6056 said:

Sorry Croppy no fish fry this week it's gonna be at our last home game this year. Tiger fans hope we can make a game of it this week but didn't play well this past Friday.

When I saw yall Scrimmage Wayne Co I thought your team was solid. Good size, maybe not real good team speed. Mixed it up with your running game and short passing game. Huntingdons speed may be a little to much for yall. Mustangs are a big play team. Our QB is a pleasure to watch. We dont get to observe this kind of talent very often. Kid is special.

24 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

When I saw yall Scrimmage Wayne Co I thought your team was solid. Good size, maybe not real good team speed. Mixed it up with your running game and short passing game. Huntingdons speed may be a little to much for yall. Mustangs are a big play team. Our QB is a pleasure to watch. We dont get to observe this kind of talent very often. Kid is special.

Need to use the kids arm as well as his legs. He can throw a baseball 90 mph and throws a pretty football too. Huntingdon has kids who know how to catch and a senior heavy line. Open up the playbook and THROW THE BALL! 12-0 looks great against a weak schedule (TBD on how good Milan and Camden are) but when it comes playoff time Lake Co will be ready for the run every play. Ain't that right Falcons?

Edited by footballover
  • Upvote 1

Just now, footballover said:

Need to use the kids arm as well as his legs. He can throw a baseball 90 mph and throws a pretty football to. Huntingdon has kids who know how to catch and a senior heavy line. Open up the playbook and THROW THE BALL! 12-0 looks great against a weak schedule (TBD on how good Milan and Camden are) but when it comes to playoff time Lake Co will be ready for the run every play. Ain't that right Falcons?

Just hope LC will be there to see if they are ready. To much football to be played to worry about that now.

11 hours ago, Tigers6056 said:

On a side note your field looks great. Hope yall killed all those red wasps. Your field looks much better than Peabody's. Expect a load of Huntingdon fans in the home bleachers. Yall cant seat half our fans in your antique visitor bleachers.