HUNTINGDON @ WAVERLY

footballover

32 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

On a side note your field looks great. Hope yall killed all those red wasps. Your field looks much better than Peabody's. Expect a load of Huntingdon fans in the home bleachers. Yall cant seat half our fans in your antique visitor bleachers.

Peabody put in a drainage system under the field before the season then something wasn’t right and they dug it up again.  

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

When I saw yall Scrimmage Wayne Co I thought your team was solid. Good size, maybe not real good team speed. Mixed it up with your running game and short passing game. Huntingdons speed may be a little to much for yall. Mustangs are a big play team. Our QB is a pleasure to watch. We dont get to observe this kind of talent very often. Kid is special.

I remember the QB from last year he is a good one. We do have a pretty solid team just don't have the offensive fire power to overcome silly mistakes like we made Friday night. Thanks for the compliment on the field but I can't promise that the waspers will be gone but I'd say they might move a couple sets of bleachers from the softball field over for 20 or 30 of you guys to sit on lol. 

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

When I saw yall Scrimmage Wayne Co I thought your team was solid. Good size, maybe not real good team speed. Mixed it up with your running game and short passing game. Huntingdons speed may be a little to much for yall. Mustangs are a big play team. Our QB is a pleasure to watch. We dont get to observe this kind of talent very often. Kid is special.

Wayne county is weak. They have one good players. Can’t remember his number but you can pick him out.

3 hours ago, Trollin said:

Truth is Waverly played like crap. The OL which was supposed to be great laid a big fat egg. Boldin said it best in an interview the week before. He hopes the OL plays as good as they think they are... and they didnt. To be senior stacked on the OL and DL they sure didn’t look like it. Running down field turning around looking for someone to block and not blocking anyone. Not staying on blocks. With the size and strength Waverly has up front and in their backs, Waverly should have been able to run at free will. No we don’t have a JD Dixon or anything remotely close but we have size and strength and experience in our OL and Backs. I’d be feeding Stewart and G Stanfield the rock and put a good boot up the OL butt. 

In defense of Boldin (Vandy) I’d say his game plan was shot when the QB went out. I’d say his offensive scheme for his big package with Stanfield at QB was minimal. So for him to have to run a non QB for the entire rest of the game probably was not prepared for that, hence they play calling. I’d say they will be better prepared in the future if Brooks goes down again.

Turnovers killed Waverly in the first half. If not for the pick 6 this game would be different, along with 2 fumbles lost.

Camden was not good. 

Waverlys defensive secondary was non existent. There was no one within 5 yards of a receiver. And did not set the Edge well with run. 

A lot to fix and clean up. I know Boldin is a great coach and will do well. He will get things that need to be fixed fixed. But I do not believe it will be enough to stop Huntingdons offense. 

Luckily for Waverly Region play is pretty weak. 

I’m not saying Boldin is not a good coach I’m just not bought in yet. I want more than anything for Waverly to be successful but with everything that self destructived Friday I’m just saying my hopes ain’t to high. Brooks going down was a big blow. The kid is really good. After the Gibson scrimmage I knew we wasn’t going to be big contenders this yr. It is what it is I guess.

5 hours ago, Trollin said:

Truth is Waverly played like crap. The OL which was supposed to be great laid a big fat egg. Boldin said it best in an interview the week before. He hopes the OL plays as good as they think they are... and they didnt. To be senior stacked on the OL and DL they sure didn’t look like it. Running down field turning around looking for someone to block and not blocking anyone. Not staying on blocks. With the size and strength Waverly has up front and in their backs, Waverly should have been able to run at free will. No we don’t have a JD Dixon or anything remotely close but we have size and strength and experience in our OL and Backs. I’d be feeding Stewart and G Stanfield the rock and put a good boot up the OL butt. 

In defense of Boldin (Vandy) I’d say his game plan was shot when the QB went out. I’d say his offensive scheme for his big package with Stanfield at QB was minimal. So for him to have to run a non QB for the entire rest of the game probably was not prepared for that, hence they play calling. I’d say they will be better prepared in the future if Brooks goes down again.

Turnovers killed Waverly in the first half. If not for the pick 6 this game would be different, along with 2 fumbles lost.

Camden was not good. 

Waverlys defensive secondary was non existent. There was no one within 5 yards of a receiver. And did not set the Edge well with run. 

A lot to fix and clean up. I know Boldin is a great coach and will do well. He will get things that need to be fixed fixed. But I do not believe it will be enough to stop Huntingdons offense. 

Luckily for Waverly Region play is pretty weak. 

Love your posts brother, always insightful, this is about how I feel as well. We're going to have to catch up at one of the games. 

• Upvote 1

I’m just looking for improvement this Friday from Waverly. It’s a non region game so really it doesn’t matter except for pride. Waverly has to grow this week. I would be happy if we compete and keep this game close. On the flip side, if we play against Huntingdon like we did Camden it will be embarrassing. So here is to growth for our Tigers this week and hopefully a competitive exciting game Friday. 

• Like 1