Oak ridge/HVA recap

Elitesports4

To me it went exactly how I recapped from beginning.. bad offensive plays and people in positions shouldn’t. I heard the fans all night mad Kendall jackson didn’t get his snaps. My take QB makes horrible reads/Stewart to many drop balls/confusion on routes/play calling running to the short side way to much! 36 and jack 26 don’t need to be playing receiver I don’t get it! And 22 Preston needs to get it together at CB they picked on him all night! Defense played better than I thought nice adjustments (minor) to me hva could have won by more I think they played conservative, or found they could get first downs easily late by torching 22..  what do you guys think of last night?

22 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

To me it went exactly how I recapped from beginning.. bad offensive plays and people in positions shouldn’t. I heard the fans all night mad Kendall jackson didn’t get his snaps. My take QB makes horrible reads/Stewart to many drop balls/confusion on routes/play calling running to the short side way to much! 36 and jack 26 don’t need to be playing receiver I don’t get it! And 22 Preston needs to get it together at CB they picked on him all night! Defense played better than I thought nice adjustments (minor) to me hva could have won by more I think they played conservative, or found they could get first downs easily late by torching 22..  what do you guys think of last night?

I don’t never that I have ever agreed with your assessments but I certainly do on this one. 100% agreed. 

Why is that we saw the same WRs. Entire game. Why do they tolerate a JR WR breaking off routes when it mattered most? OC needs to take another teaching job. He couldn’t do it with Higgins and company, he’ll certainly never be able to do it with what we have now. Terrible play calling. Terrible clock management. No excuses for that. But then again, been that since he has been the OC. 

Agreed on 22. And secondary. Torched. That needs to be fixed. 

I did like seeing the hits. 44 looked good, 42 made key tackles. 23, looked impressive. Where was he last year? A transfer? He can flat out tackle  

Again, agreed. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

A couple of weeks ago, you were upset that Romano wasn't at running back and now you're upset that Jackson didn't get enough snaps. So which is it? I thought Romano was a bright spot and Jackson ran hard. The QB play wasn't good and OR has NO SPEED at all. That will be a problem that OR can't improve on. The defense is good but how good is the HVA offense? The offensive line is average at best. OR will be the smallest team on the feel every Friday night and will be the slowest team on the field every Friday night except maybe twice. So the play calls may not be too good (I didn't agree with several) but with a small and slow team, there are many more problems than bad play calling.

25 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Are things that bad at Oak Ridge? I’ve been reading comments and saw the score of the game last night. What’s going on? No coaching? Talent not like normal? Fill me in Wildcat fans

I'm a little confused as to why you're even interested (I don't care what's going on at Central) but as I said in an earlier post, we're small and slow, by OR standards. Play calling is a complaint of many, and while I agree with that to a degree, that pales in comparison to the fact that we'll be the smallest team on the field every Friday night and usually the slowest. 

2 hours ago, bonkers said:

I'm a little confused as to why you're even interested (I don't care what's going on at Central) but as I said in an earlier post, we're small and slow, by OR standards. Play calling is a complaint of many, and while I agree with that to a degree, that pales in comparison to the fact that we'll be the smallest team on the field every Friday night and usually the slowest. 

I’m just trying to get a consensus on what’s going on because I’ve heard so many different things. I keep up with a lot of schools, especially if they could be a potential opponent down the road. I just think that some of yalls fans, not saying you, but some are jumping off the Ship a little soon. You should get better throughout the season if your Coaches are any good and I know Gaddis is.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bonkers said:

A couple of weeks ago, you were upset that Romano wasn't at running back and now you're upset that Jackson didn't get enough snaps. So which is it? I thought Romano was a bright spot and Jackson ran hard. The QB play wasn't good and OR has NO SPEED at all. That will be a problem that OR can't improve on. The defense is good but how good is the HVA offense? The offensive line is average at best. OR will be the smallest team on the feel every Friday night and will be the slowest team on the field every Friday night except maybe twice. So the play calls may not be too good (I didn't agree with several) but with a small and slow team, there are many more problems than bad play calling.

Your comment made no sense? Jackson is an athlete you find a way to play them both? Replace 36 he’s no good to the offense anyways? A linebacker/fb look guy playing receiver reps at the SLOT? Hilarious! I heard comments like “why are they throwing to a receiver with no gloves” young guys but hilarious and agreed! Romano and Kendall needs to be on field 90% of the game... if you don’t agree to that than that’s the problem.... typical not playing all your athletes

46 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

That seems a bit harsh. I'm not a UT or OR fan, but I am a football fan so I am interested in what they are doing since I live here and work in Oak Ridge.

Yes very rude comment we’re all football guys! Honestly, imo we’re just down in size, speed, play-making abilities.. inexperienced players with bad play calling. Losing coach graham was huge and it’s going to show. It’s going to take some time to get it together.. sad to say I got them losing to dB on the road next week very sad to say.

21 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Yes very rude comment we’re all football guys! Honestly, imo we’re just down in size, speed, play-making abilities.. inexperienced players with bad play calling. Losing coach graham was huge and it’s going to show. It’s going to take some time to get it together.. sad to say I got them losing to dB on the road next week very sad to say.

I wouldn't hit the panic button after one game, but I understand the frustration. Let's be honest though, programs like OR have the incredible luxury of being (or expecting to be) a "contender" year in and year out. If this happens to be a down year, you won't be down for long.

• Like 1