Oak ridge/HVA recap

Elitesports4

6 hours ago, bonkers said:

I actually agree with you but football will be hit the hardest because there doesn't seem to be any big kids (linemen types) around. That, along with the alarming lack of speed that was evident last night, means OR could face a long few years. I've mentioned the speed problem and after thinking about it, I think this may be the slowest OR team in history.

According to you there are multiple built in excuses so let's mark this season up as a wash for you. Speed isn't everything, though it means a lot, I think lineman mean more like you said(whoops!)..oh well.....I'd LOVE to see you coach something.... ANYTHING... but we both know that wont happen.... 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CatskerS said:

I would agree too EXCEPT One would think though that when all "5" starting linemen return from the previous year it wouldn't be a jailbreak every play for the opposite defense.  Seems like you want to point out lineman and lack fo size but that never effects the defense.  Strange......

Well, I'm not critical of the OR linemen for being small since they can't help that they're small. And the fact that the starting oline all returns is both good and bad since they weren't very good as a group last year. As for the dline, they play with three (it looked like OR played a 3-4 or 3-5 the other nigh), not five, and that helps a little. The best player on the team plays defense only (Adams). I'd like to see him on offense too but I guess Gaddis wants his best players on defense only (I guess his philosophy is that you win with defense), but I'd start him on offense anyway

9 hours ago, CatskerS said:

You could find multiple years where they're both good going back to the first year, 88. This years team is made up of the champions from one side or another in the past 2 years but I guess the kids get worse and uncoachable as they get older

I've noticed that one good runner or qb can carry a middle school team but it doesn't work that way in high school. I've seen both middle schools play and RMS has a good runner or two but it's hard to find many linemen even with both schools combined. And I don't see a qb of the future either. It's a bit scary for the future.

13 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

OK, its done and in the past.  Learn from it and correct the mistakes.  If the OC needs changing, I figure it will get done.

Now concentrate on winning the next 14 games!  A Gold ball is still VERY doable!

I love your optimism but a small and slow team has never and will never win a gold ball.

9 hours ago, CatskerS said:

According to you there are multiple built in excuses so let's mark this season up as a wash for you. Speed isn't everything, though it means a lot, I think lineman mean more like you said(whoops!)..oh well.....I'd LOVE to see you coach something.... ANYTHING... but we both know that wont happen.... 

I watched the highlights of multiple games the other night and I didn't see a single team as slow as OR. It's harder to tell about size on tv but as small as OR is, I would bet most were bigger too. Call it what you want, an excuse, a reason, but it's a fact. It doesn't mean I agree with the play calling or anything else, but the play calling isn't the main problem with this group. I still think a decent season is possible and the playoffs are likely. I noticed 26 come off limping and I sure hope it isn't serious. He's been a top player for years.