Cloudland vs South Greene

THE KING

We could be 0-2 after this Friday.  Two hard games in a row.  The rebels are not the weak team of the past.  A little playoff success last fall has carried over.  Beating a program the caliber of Oneida would be enough to give anyone confidence.  I'm concerned with not having enough offensive weapons.  Its hard to move the ball on good defenses when you are limited with what you can do.  We are not dominant enough up front.  Barely over a 100 yards rushing against the warrior defense.  We will easily win the region this year but I wouldn't be happy going into the playoffs without at least 5 wins. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

We could be 0-2 after this Friday.  Two hard games in a row.  The rebels are not the weak team of the past.  A little playoff success last fall has carried over.  Beating a program the caliber of Oneida would be enough to give anyone confidence.  I'm concerned with not having enough offensive weapons.  Its hard to move the ball on good defenses when you are limited with what you can do.  We are not dominant enough up front.  Barely over a 100 yards rushing against the warrior defense.  We will easily win the region this year but I wouldn't be happy going into the playoffs without at least 5 wins. 

Sounds pretty decent King think Sullivan North and Happy Valley both won yesterday as well. Hampton had a tough opponent in Gatlinburg Pittman from what I read but also doesnt mean they are bad. When and who against is your first region game? Also did you manage to get those Videos converted?

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Sounds pretty decent King think Sullivan North and Happy Valley both won yesterday as well. Hampton had a tough opponent in Gatlinburg Pittman from what I read but also doesnt mean they are bad. When and who against is your first region game? Also did you manage to get those Videos converted?

I got the converter a couple of days ago.  Just waiting for a day off where I have time to mess with it.

We don't play a region game for awhile yet.  I think Unaka will be the first one.  None of the region games will be a challenge.  We'll run over them like a mack truck.  All the non conference games will be tough.  We won't be dominated by anyone and we weren't even close to being dominated last night.  Take away HV's 60 td pass and neither one of us had 150 yds total. 

South Looked strong last night.  Played that old fashion hit you the mouth football.  Strong and fast.  This team has the potential to go all the way this year, at least from what I saw last night.  We’ll see how they do this coming week against the Highlanders.

Rebels 35

Highlanders 7

Edited by Romansfive8

2 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

South Looked strong last night.  Played that old fashion hit you the mouth football.  Strong and fast.  This team has the potential to go all the way this year, at least from what I saw last night.  We’ll see how they do this coming week against the Highlanders.

Rebels 35

Highlanders 7

Ya reckon.

Hey king you have your finger on the pulse of the landerz,I got a question,I thought with the new coach and with different administration that things would be different with the talented stable of running backs up there, I'm not saying that birchfield isn't a good little back but to give him the ball 21times and lacy only 10times what happened to D.Black,and H Blair.

5 hours ago, IMDog said:

Hey king you have your finger on the pulse of the landerz,I got a question,I thought with the new coach and with different administration that things would be different with the talented stable of running backs up there, I'm not saying that birchfield isn't a good little back but to give him the ball 21times and lacy only 10times what happened to D.Black,and H Blair.

No i don't.  I started CPR a long time ago. Hope someone brings the defibrillator :|

11 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

Rebels 35

Highlanders 7

Quite a speculation. Hope to see you guys in the playoffs this year again.

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Beating Unicoi 28-7 is not a good measuring stick to go by

To a point I can see we’re your coming from.  Although, we should know that scores can be miss leading sometimes when trying to judge how good a team really is. The only TD from Unicoi came in the last couple of minuets against the 2nd team.  They could not score on the 1st team.  We’ll know more in a few weeks after they get a few more games in.  Have a great week !

Edited by Romansfive8

4 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

If SG scores 35 against Cloudland and does it by running them over then our whole conference should be concerned. 

Yeah, if that's the case then everyone else is playing for 2nd.  They'll have to prove it to me.  I'm expecting a 4 qtr tussle.