Carthage travels to Gordonsville

Speeding2Live

4 hours ago, Reynard said:

Its been 10 years now king. There 1 coach on the  coaching staff that was around in 2009, and most have forgotten about how  Satt showed rear, I would look for them to start playing again in the near future. 

Me, personally, I would agree to play TC with the stipulation Clint stays off the sideline during the game.

Why does that matter if he is on the sideline or not? Coach Clint is a spectator just like everyone else. Blake is already trying to schedule the game in the very near future.

1 minute ago, jls said:

Why does every Smith County post turn into a Hartsville/Carthage bashing?If the OWLS decide to play Hartsville the coaches will decide that.Grow up people.

I just think it sad tc has have 2 bi weeks because no opponent but same time its a football rich program right next door to tc and would been a great gate for both schools

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jls said:

Why does every Smith County post turn into a Hartsville/Carthage bashing?If the OWLS decide to play Hartsville the coaches will decide that.Grow up people.It's not 1990 anymore.

It's simple, neither program likes the other so can't matter how long ago it was it will always be like this.

I was raised in SC, I graduated from SC, I still love SC and still very proud to be from SC, but does anyone actually think SC will be what they used to be? I mean is it just the talent pool has went down or is it just years of bad structure and coaching? I loved going to every game and seeing a really good football team, but now when I go I just wonder how bad is the game going to look. 10-15 years ago not only were the teams good, but the games were always good win or loss. There were never wild errors and players made the easy plays. Also I think this will be a close game and just hoping G-ville doesn't start their own streak. Go Owls!

27 minutes ago, IronOwl said:

I was raised in SC, I graduated from SC, I still love SC and still very proud to be from SC, but does anyone actually think SC will be what they used to be? I mean is it just the talent pool has went down or is it just years of bad structure and coaching? I loved going to every game and seeing a really good football team, but now when I go I just wonder how bad is the game going to look. 10-15 years ago not only were the teams good, but the games were always good win or loss. There were never wild errors and players made the easy plays. Also I think this will be a close game and just hoping G-ville doesn't start their own streak. Go Owls!

That streak started last year.

Maynard was a good coach and he had talent. From what I hear, last years team wasn't in the weight room, and the overall structure of the program suffered under the leadership or lack thereof.

Talent is definitely not the problem.

I'd like to see Murray turn it around, but that remains to be seen. I've seen good things and I've seen bad things in regards to that.

1 hour ago, IronOwl said:

I think at this point it will take winning to get the program back to what it was. Even our fans and the band are not what they used to be. Sounds silly, but in the Maynard days we had one of the best fan bases around. Our kids would thrive off the support and the accountability that Maynard instilled in them. Coach Murray ,I think, can get us back but it may take some time. As fans and parents we need to support the kids and coaching staff and lets see what happens. It will take a great effort from our Owls to beat Gville but I think we pull it out 21 to 13. SCP. 

4 hours ago, OWLSSCHS said:

I think at this point it will take winning to get the program back to what it was. Even our fans and the band are not what they used to be. Sounds silly, but in the Maynard days we had one of the best fan bases around. Our kids would thrive off the support and the accountability that Maynard instilled in them. Coach Murray ,I think, can get us back but it may take some time. As fans and parents we need to support the kids and coaching staff and lets see what happens. It will take a great effort from our Owls to beat Gville but I think we pull it out 21 to 13. SCP. 

It was at the lowest of the low in the late 70 and early 80s. Rankin is hired. Within 4 years, went to the semis. Rankin left for bigger-better things. Started sinking again. Maynord is hired, Turned it around. Maynord left, Started the cycle again.  It takes the right coach.  The thing they have to do is generate interest. Getting kids interested in playing and generating interest in the community,  Rankin did it. Maynord  did it. Nothing is different today. The right man can do it. Is Murraygoing to  do it,,,,,,we'll see. Talent goes in cycles. Up and down...everybody understands that, It happened with Rankin and Maynord. The key is developing the hand you are dealt and getting the most out of them, They took kids that looked like they didn't have any business near a football field as freshmen and by Jr./Sr, year they were all district/region.