Greenback at Meigs County

orngnblk

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

When our eyes get opened good things can happen!We played with them shut all night!We all said there was a more than great chance at a 0-2 start for this team,however i think thos team WILL improve every week.

Are you joking? That Ryan man made his boys play with their eyes closed? No wonder that durn Bailey boy was diving the ground.  I bet that skillet slinger didnt no this mess when she said their was personnel problems and she was going to fix it. That Ryan man better tell them to open their eyes this week or that Swafford boy will pass all over the field.    You think im joking but im not. 

5 minutes ago, Raider1234 said:

Talked to some Meigs fans that are looking forward to GB this week in a big way.

There isn't a Meigs fan who isn't looking forward to it. Why wouldn't they it's supposed to be an exciting game. Show me some excited fans Saturday still and we have had a good week.

Played bad against Sweetwater. I think playing on Saturday messed with us a little bit. It's really hard to get so juiced up for Friday night, have it get cancelled, and then have to come back on Saturday with the same energy and focus. It's a tough deal I'm telling you. 

HAVE to play better this week, or we're gonna get it handed to us. I think we will play better.

If we come ready, this will be one for the ages. There's NOTHING like a Friday night in Decatur, especially when playing a classic team like Greenback. So much tradition, pride, and energy will be on both sides Friday night. Proud to be a Tiger!

24 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

You think y’all gunna beat em Yeti? 

I honestly think it's a toss up. Not sure if Meigs wants it badly enough to be able to make a good program like Greenback go 0-2. It definitely wont be an easy game for either team I'd imagine. If we had a more dominant showing against Sweetwater I'd like our chances. But definitely anyone's ballgame at this point I doubt either has an advantage. Just my thoughts.

39 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

Played bad against Sweetwater. I think playing on Saturday messed with us a little bit. It's really hard to get so juiced up for Friday night, have it get cancelled, and then have to come back on Saturday with the same energy and focus. It's a tough deal I'm telling you. 

HAVE to play better this week, or we're gonna get it handed to us. I think we will play better.

If we come ready, this will be one for the ages. There's NOTHING like a Friday night in Decatur, especially when playing a classic team like Greenback. So much tradition, pride, and energy will be on both sides Friday night. Proud to be a Tiger!

Good post. I really thought the final score would be something like 35-7 just grind out a slow lead and just enjoy the ride. I sat on the Sweetwaters side and honestly after they scored against us they thought they could beat us. Their team and the crowd. It's hard for me to see a game like our Trousdale game last year and then see the Sweetwater game this year knowing we had superior talent and just didnt play to our ability. I really didnt want to say we had a bad game but offensively we kinda did. Aaron bailed us out of alot of tough situations. He is normally not even utilized really until a hard game comes to the schedule. I just didnt know that Saturday was gonna be one of them. On a side note do you think Sweetwater was more excited to play the next day ? I mean I'm not sure it would adversely affect them but maybe.