Greenback at Meigs County

orngnblk

16 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Apparently our game last night was streamed on Facebook live.   

Edit: Is that how you seen some of the Peabody game?

No, you can watch all their games on nfsw or something like that. It was linked on the Peabody and Milan thread

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

And you have 27 kids that can rotate and play,we dont!We MAY have 14 total.This alone will be a huge hurdle for any of our little teams in region 1 or 2 to overcome 

I’m still not sure the Pirates have 27 kids. I didn’t see anywhere near that many vs Sequatchie County. 

3 hours ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

Thats just their offense. They don’t feature a premier RB. At least not from what I saw last night. Everything starts and stops with Swafford. If Meigs had another threat they could’ve ran on Greenback all night. I felt like Meigs trying to throw it during 2nd quarter on a couple drives made them fizzle out then that allowed Greenback time to score before the half. This isn’t a shot at Greenback but Meigs was the better team. Greenback is a scrappy team though and their new QB Carnes makes all the difference. Give him time and he will find somebody. Kid is a player. Massive pickup for the Cherokees this offseason. Without him they would not be a threat in East imo but with him and Willis they can score with anyone if they stay healthy. Willis and Swafford are both as good as advertised with Carnes right behind them. He has a cannon and can spin it when he has time.

My take away from the game is that both teams are likely semifinal teams come November with shot at representing the East. Swafford is best player in 1A & 2A and deserves to be mentioned as one of best in state. Kid is a baller. The East still goes through Greenback as long as they keep their QB healthy. Their team can’t afford injuries as they appear to have little depth. Showdown with Pirates will be a good one come November. 

Very good assessment. I agree with all points. It was a great HS environment last night. The Mexican restaurant was on point as well. My phone has been in a rice bag the last 24 hours. I dropped it in the pond yesterday morning. Traveling to Decatur without a phone took my back several years. The good news for me is it works again. The bad news for you boys is now I’m back. I was very impressed with Swafford last night. He’s a one man wrecking crew to say the least.  Willis, Rutgerson, and Carnes are all as good as advertised as well. SP WILL face Greenback. I think it should be a good football game if we can get healthy and keep improving. This game was definitely worth the price of admission last night as well. The passing of Greenback is quite scary to put it mildly. 

4 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m still not sure the Pirates have 27 kids. I didn’t see anywhere near that many vs Sequatchie County. 

Very good assessment. I agree with all points. It was a great HS environment last night. The Mexican restaurant was on point as well. My phone has been in a rice bag the last 24 hours. I dropped it in the pond yesterday morning. Traveling to Decatur without a phone took my back several years. The good news for me is it works again. The bad news for you boys is now I’m back. I was very impressed with Swafford last night. He’s a one man wrecking crew to say the least.  Willis, Rutgerson, and Carnes are all as good as advertised as well. SP WILL face Greenback. I think it should be a good football game if we can get healthy and keep improving. This game was definitely worth the price of admission last night as well. The passing of Greenback is quite scary to put it mildly. 

I didn't see you anywhere.  And you always seem to have phone issues on the road. 

E.g.  dead battery.  Dog ate my charger. etc etc.